I am so excited.....

mmsvb
on 4/30/08 11:29 pm - jacksonville, FL
I have not figured out this site totally - but I just figured out how to post on the message board. I have a date for lapband surgery of June 5th. I am excited and scared. My husband just had lapband done in October and is down over 70lbs. I hope I am as successful as he is - we are using different doctors and so far it is interesting how differently they do things. I hope anyone else with an upcoming date is doing well also.
twinsdaddy
on 5/4/08 1:09 am - winthrop, MA
Hi im very happy for both of you ,May I ask how long was your husband out of work ? What type of job ? I only have 1 week off I have a desk job but it has alot of stress but I have 4 yr old twins and my wife is disabled and needs my help with the twins as well as me working am I trying too much ? Will it be too hard ? I would love some feed back from someone who already had it done thanks for your time frank
mmsvb
on 5/4/08 8:05 pm - jacksonville, FL
Hi Frank...My husband had surgery on a Tuesday morning went home Wednesday morning (we both have sleep apnea and he was required to spend the night due to that). He went back to work on Monday morning and said he was ready to go back before that. The doctor I am using - says one week is about all you will need and I have another really close friend that has the same surgeon as me and said that she took a week off too - but really didn't need the whole week. I think the hardest thing for him is that he had to slow down eating. He didn't realize how fast he ate until he had the surgery. He is doing awesome - had no complications and hasn't gotten sick from side effects/etc. He has a job that requires he be up and down all day long - inside and outside. But sometimes he is just at his desk - so it is more than just a sit down job. We have a toddler too - and I know it seems like it will be really hard - but with our daughter we just sat down and explained to her what was going on - she didn't totally understand but she did let him have a week to rest and not have to chase her around everywhere. I am not sure where you are located or who your doctor is - but I have also been to support groups where people have gone to another Dr. in Jax and they were only out a week as well. I hope I have answered your questions - if not let me know. Not sure when your surgery is but I am wishing you luck and a quick recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views