June 5th is the date ... 36 more days and counting

ldegristina
on 5/1/08 11:00 am - CarsonCity , NV
fergjb
on 5/2/08 1:06 am - Summerville, SC
Just wanted to say, congrats and I am right there with you. Mine is the 5th also. I am scared and exicited. My husband is taking time off with me for the surgery. So I have lots of projects for him. How long are you planning on taking off? I told my boss 2 weeks. I am having a lap rny, so I guess it depends on how I feel. Some people at work have taken off 6 weeks. I am so looking forward to feeling better and being able to do more outdoor stuff. Went to vegas a few weeks ago for my 20th wedding ann. Had a great time, except for the plane ride, the air waitresses ( I am being nice) were very mean about asking for a belt extender. But Vegas was great, we renewed our vows by Elvis, what a hoot! Hope to talk with you soon. JoAnn
ldegristina
on 5/2/08 3:56 am - CarsonCity , NV
Hi Joann, Sorry to hear about the nasty airline people ... If only they were in our shoes. I live in the northern part of NV but go to Las Vegas several times a year for work. Sounds like you had a great time, LV can be a lot of fun. I have to go there the week of my surgery ... May 31 - June 3. I am going to a convention that has several working lunches and I have to be on a liquid diet at the time. That will be a challenge for me but I want this surgery so I have to keep my priorties straight. You are lucky to have a supportive husband. I am single and have no family out here so I am doing this totally on my own. Maybe once I am thin and confindent I will find the right guy! But I do enjoy my freedom and appreciate the support from people like you. I am having the RNY Bypass and have asked for two weeks off but hope to be back in one because six weeks later I am having a hysterectomy and I will be out 4-6 weeks then. I am going to have a fun summer laying around and tanning! Are you having your band done laparscopicly? Out here they are saying with the band you can be back to work in a few days. Thank you JoAnn for writing ... I am glad to hear someone else is on that day. 35 days left to a new life!! Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 792 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 785 views