Started Medifast.....Surgery 6/6/08

Jamnyoung
on 5/7/08 10:58 am - Queensbury, NY
So I started medifast yesterday. It's probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. 2 days down and 28 to go. 5 shakes a day absolutely no food or they'll postpone my surgery. If anyone has any helpful tips to help me get through it, I'd great appreciate it. I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it in the end.
twinsdaddy
on 5/7/08 9:53 pm - winthrop, MA
my date is 6/10 ive never had anyone metion anything about medifast what is it ? and why do you have to take it ? they have told me that after surgery i will have to be on just luquid diet for a week mabey 2 weeks i assume you would be the same so why would they have you on nothing but shakes for 30 days before surgery ? that sounds harsh good luck and god bless frank
Jamnyoung
on 5/8/08 1:09 pm - Queensbury, NY
Hi Frank- Apparently my surgeon requires you to try to lose approx 10% of your weight before surgery. He makes you do medifast. It's 5 shakes a day and their 100 calories each. It's kind of discouraging when I see other people on here not having to do anything and I'm suffering. I guess he's trying to prepare me mentally for not eating and the ability to control my urges. I can understand why, just frustrated. Only 26 more days. I was told I have to be on liquids for 1wk after surgery and then soft foods like cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. for another 3wks. Then I was told I could go to food that was blended. It's so funny how so many people have the same surgery and have to go through so many different procedures to get there. Best of luck to you too!
twinsdaddy
on 5/8/08 9:51 pm - winthrop, MA
hi nicole yes its true there are so many differant storys out there but i dont think your dr is trying to prepare you to fight your urges because i work with 3 guys that have had it done (they all have differant stoeys ) but the one thing they all seem to agree on is not eating is the easy part because you wont want too. the pouch is so small you fill up on a few sips of water ,as far as blended food yuk not for me id rather not eat the guys tell me it probley has more to do with your breathing and going under how much do you expect to lose all 3 of the guys i work with lost all there wieght in less than a year and only one is starting to put a little back on but we are all breaking his chops so much i think he will be fine they all went back to work in 2 weeks one of them went back 9 days after surgey im shooting for 8 days i plan to go back on tuesday the 17th i have 4 yr old twins so ill need to go back to work to get some rest lol good luck and god bless im in boston and having mine done at mass general so that along with my co-workers i can get answers to almost anything please feel free to ask anything and ill do my best to get an answer frank
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views