JUNE 4TH ! ! !

Julie Nolan
on 6/1/08 2:58 am - RI
Wow! Only three more days and I'll be on the bench too! I can't wait to have it over with! I'm so grateful to my WLS support groups and this website! I would be so lost without all the help, advice and guidance I have received! But I'm still scared to death! Not so much the surgery itself as the perioperative violent vomitting I have following surgery! I hope everything stays in place and holds up well. I'm actually afraid it will kill me. Anyone experienced this after their RNY? How did you do? I hope someone is able to help me with this severe fear I have. I'm going through with the surgery anyway. No matter what. It's my last and final hope. Jules
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/08 5:12 am - RI
Jules, Hi Honey!!! As you know I am having surgery on the 5th. I am writing letters to everyone that I love. I am telling them how much they mean to me, not because I think that something will happen to me, but because I am going to be on the start of my new life when I walk out of that hospital. I believe that I will be going through a metemorphosis, not only physicall, but emotionally and mentally. I am saying goodbye to all of the reasons that I got so big in the first place, I will be stepping out of this suit and out into the world as a new woman. So, yes I will also be writing a letter to my soon to be former best friend--FOOD!!! We have to believe that things happen, and opportunities arise becasuse they are supposed to. We are having this surgery because we are supposed to. If you wern't going to be okay after surgery, the long journey that got you here would have ended. You would have been denied for surgery. You are not in this alone!!! Aimee
Julie Nolan
on 6/1/08 3:30 pm - RI
Oh Aimee! I love you! I love your thought process! I have, in fact, decided to write a letter to each person I love as well. Laura had suggested it. It think it's a great idea. Now, writing a letter to my 'friend' food. I don't know how to put anything into words. It's so hard for me to realize I will not have the same relationship with food as I always have. I'll try the letter writing with food and see if that helps. Thanks to wonderful people like you, I know I'm not alone! I will be thinking of you on the 5th! Do you have someone who can post how you're doing on the site? Do you have a WLS Angel to help support and guide you? I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Laura as mine. I hope your surgery is uneventful and your recovery is easy-going! God Bless you my friend! Jules
Tiffanddon
on 6/1/08 6:59 am - Houston, TX
I will Be praying for you and hope everything goes well I will also be in surgery on the 4th I have to be there at 5:00am and am really scared please pray for me
Julie Nolan
on 6/1/08 3:32 pm - RI
Tiffany, I most certainly will pray for you. I don't go in until 12 noon. You'll be done by then and sitting on the loser's bench waiting for me to join you! Be well! Jules
brassy5
on 6/1/08 10:58 am - Fresno, CA
Good Jules I am right after you on the 6th. It like a great week for all of us. I can't wait. I keep telling everyone June 6th is me new birthday. Good wishes to all. Salena
Julie Nolan
on 6/1/08 3:34 pm - RI
Salena! Thanks for the good wishes! Wow! What a fantastic week for all of us having surgery! And what GREAT support we have from each other! It's the perfect time of year for change and growth! We're very lucky! God Bless you on the 6th and during your recovery period. Jules
Shelly W.
on 6/1/08 2:23 pm - Sumner, WA
Julie I am scared too (also a June 4ther). However I am more afraid of the problems that I have from all this excess weight. This truly is my last hope for a long and healthy life. So that thought comforts me. I truly believe that God lead me to this point and I will pray for you too (if you don't mind). We know that there will be some struggles as we get ready and through the next couple of months. Who am I kidding, there are always going to be some hurdles. But it will be so worth it. Think about what this surgery means to you. Make a list of the goals that you hope to acheive. I can't help with some of your concerns since I have not yet gone through it. You might want to post those questions on another board where there are more post-ops. I have several food allergies that have created some hurdles that I had to work around. It has even effected me during the pre-op phase. But where there is a will there is a way. Take care and I'll see you on the loser's bench later this week. --Shelly
Julie Nolan
on 6/1/08 3:46 pm - RI
Shelly, I most surely do not mind you praying for me! So far, that's three of us here going in on the 4th. What time are you reporting to the hospital for your's? What you wrote about "Who am I kidding, there are always going to be some hurdles. But it will be so worth it." Reminds me of something I read just a couple hours ago... Gee, I wish I could remember it and who quoted it. But it had something to do with something being hard for a reason. A reason for everything. Anywho, What time are you reporting for surgery on the 4th? I wish you well and great health with a speedy recovery! See you later this week! Jules
Shelly W.
on 6/2/08 5:50 am - Sumner, WA
Hi Julie, I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. The same for all on that day. Then we sit and wait for our appointed time, which I may add I have no idea what time it will be. I have heard horror stories. My sister waited something like 14 hours. I heard of someone else that waited 12 hours. Oh well, just taking those things in stride. Praying for an early time slot. Good health and a very uneventful recovery to you too. TTFN, --Shelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 792 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 786 views