Support Groups - Raleigh

seacreature29
on 6/3/08 5:35 am
Hi, I am looking for guidance on any Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery suppot groups going on in the Raleigh area. I have applied for the surgery but am required to attend the support groups and the WLSC at Duke is not having any more support groups meeting until the end of July. This is unfortunately, part of the hold up in the processing of my application. I wasn't aware until recently that this was keeping me from being scheduled. When I finally heard back from the WLSC, they told me I was on "psych hold" because of this. As you know, it takes long enough to start with--getting scheduled and getting everything checked off the list. I have lost 2.5 months becuase I did not understand I was waiting on this, and was unable to reach someone regarding this question. Can someone give me a link to where other support groups in this area (Raleigh NC) will be meeting? Is there a list somewhere that I can pick from? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks, D
K9Krazzi
on 6/3/08 10:42 pm - Hebron, MD
May I suggest that you call the Bovard Bariatric Center in Wake Forest to see if they have any support group meetings? Dr. Bovard was my original choice for a surgeon but he left the area. He is wonderful by the way! His office number is 919-340-2263. Hope they can lead you in the right direction. Good luck. Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 792 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 786 views