Stomach Distention! 8 wks post-op RNY

Ibelieve13
on 6/12/08 6:29 am
I'm was 8 wks out yesterday from having a lap RNY and have always had a distended stomach. At first I wasn't too concerned since, after all, this was major abdominal surgery. However, fast-forward to my 8th week and I STILL have a distended belly. While I don't have any abdominal pain associated with it, aside from the minor aches once in a while when I'm in bed turning. Anyway, when will the distention be gone! I feel like I'm carrying a basketball around when I walk. Short distances are okay, but longer ones, ugh, and I waddle! I hate that...I've never waddled before. Can someone please assure me this is just a part of the package and this is normal and will go away with time. Also, how much time!?
Itzalboutmenow !
on 6/17/08 4:49 am - Palmdale, CA
I'll still get that, and I'm 4-5 years out, something like that, any way one thing could be all the GAS from surgery! they fill us full of it..........lol, I live on prilosec but check with your doctor... as usual...... Kelly
twinsdaddy
on 6/17/08 12:41 pm - winthrop, MA
Im not as far out as you but have what looks like a hernia I had it before surgey but because of all the fat you could only kinda see it when I was doing like a sit-up but now anytime I flex my stomach mussels in any way thr=ere it is my dr told me even before surgey that it happens to some men when they gain too much weight it moves your mussels and will never go away no matter how much I loose ????? Its the size of a small football so it sounds like the same thing
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 789 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 782 views