Nausea & Vomiting following RNY

CanaanH
on 6/13/08 6:45 am - Newland , NC
I am 6 weeks post op and I still have so much nausea & vomiting. I have trouble keeping hardly anything down, even fluids. Is this normal?
Shelly W.
on 6/14/08 6:44 am - Sumner, WA
I did not have RNY, but I would think this would not be normal. You have to be able to keep some liquids in or you will get dehydrated. I would call your doc.
Itzalboutmenow !
on 6/17/08 4:46 am - Palmdale, CA
Normal, ...... the best advice is SLOW........ everything in slow motion drink with a straw and do it slowly........ eat...... OMG so slowly........ and if you can't keep anything I mean nothing in do call the doc. that's why he's there...... Kelly
twinsdaddy
on 6/17/08 11:14 am - winthrop, MA
No that is not normal I had my bypass 9 days ago im back to work today I had my bypass and after the 2nd day ive followed the diet to the letter but have only dumpped once with no vomiting ethier something is very wrong or you are eating something you should not
tgjann
on 7/8/08 2:00 pm - Springfield, MO
I had the gastric sleeve on June 10th and I too am having so many problems with eating and vomiting! I keep wondering if there is a turning point somewhere with this??? My doctor has said I need to incorporate 60 grams of protein into my diet and I also have to take chewable children's vitamins with iron, but OMG it is impossible because everything just comes right back up! Then on top of everything I have a heart condition and I am supposed to take my meds by crushing them, but up they come!!! You and I can't be the only one's with these sort of problems can we? Maybe I just have a very sensitive gag point now? Maybe that is our problem? I nibble and sip and chew everything into paste, baked red potatoes without the skins seem to be the only thing that manages to stay down.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views