about43 days out of open rny

tasharichey
on 6/14/08 3:34 am - edinburgh, IN
My first post op appt was may 20th and I had lost 30 pounds and i am not weighing myself in between visits my next visit is on the 25 of june and I cant wait to see how much more I have dropped!!!
barbie1963
on 6/15/08 7:40 am - Parsonsfield, ME
Wow down 30 lbs!! Way to go Let us know where you are on the 25th!!
myohmy1
on 6/20/08 10:35 pm
Congrats, I had my surgery, RNY, last May, 21, and I have been having trouble moving to a soft diet. How have you been managing?
barbie1963
on 6/21/08 2:08 am - Parsonsfield, ME
I am doing well, I am less than two weeks out since my lap band and down about 5lbs on my scales. Not doing bad, eating my 1/2 cup food three times a day and two protein drinks. The protein drinks have 25grms protein each. I am walking 15-30 mins each day, wasnt able to before surgery. Because of my fluid on the brain. According to my pcp I lost 20lbs from 5-19- to 6-19-08. which I am very happy with surgery only being 6-10th I am eating blended foods, its ok, eating mostly beans, they are not bad blended I am glad to hear from you! I am sorry to hear you are having problems moving to soft diet... Take care and keep me posted, how is the weight lose coming for you?
myohmy1
on 6/23/08 3:49 am
Hello, Initially, I had lst 24 pounds on my 2 week visit to the doctor, but I had to be admitted back to the hospital because of the ulcer that I had developed along the pouch. I know I had lost a lot of fliud weight initially, but having IV fliuds while in the hospital must have put some of the weight back on me. I do not own a scale, so I have to wait for the next doctor's visit to find out how much more I had lost. I feel a little better, and I am certain all will be well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 791 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 784 views