Ok to lay on stomach?

mthome
on 6/21/08 7:27 am
This may sound weird, but does anybody know if it's okay to lay on your stomach shortly after RNY surgery? I just had surgery last Tuesday. Don't want to damage anything... Thanks!!
goughda
on 6/21/08 1:32 pm
I just had surgery last Tuesday (June 10th) but I am not sure if we should lay on our stomachs either. How do you feel now? My legs were tight the first night when I came home and when I woke up I always felt run down. Debbie
mthome
on 6/21/08 1:46 pm
I'm feeling pretty good. Pretty much only gas pains... I didn't have tight legs, but I sure have been slow! I don't know if run down is the right word, but I definitely haven't had as much energy...but I'm sure that'll change as recovery continues. Have you been walking? I've been trying to get in a couple of good walks each day...and longer each day, too. BUT...it's been so HOT! Have to walk fairly early and after 8:00PM if I'm going to walk outside. How are you doing? Have you been eating much? I pretty much have to force food down at this point as I'm not really hungry, but I know I need to get some protein in me... I'd be happy to chat off the message board, if you'd like. I think you can find my email in my profile...I'm not sure if it's okay to put it in these messages. I'm very new to this type of thing.
twinsdaddy
on 6/24/08 7:51 am - winthrop, MA
Hi I also had my bypass on the 10th ive slept on my side/belly since coming home the 12th as far as being run down are you getting enough protien? I went back to work last Tuesday and today was my first drs. Appointment and first weigh in I lost 22.4 lbs in 14 days and I feel 20 yrs younger and even better no more meds good luck frank
mthome
on 6/24/08 9:47 am
Thanks for your response. CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. That's great. I think I"m getting enough protein. At least as much as I can eat. I'm still not very hungry, so I "force" myself to eat (what a switch). Did you have good energy on your first day back? Le
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views