Surgery TOMORROW!

terryo
on 6/22/08 2:35 am
My gastric bypass surgery is on for tomorrow. I am so excited and a little bit nervous. Any last minute advise from anyone? Something that you wish you knew before the surgery that might have helped? How bad is pain after surgery?
detroitredwing22
on 6/22/08 3:08 am - Downstate, NY
hi, well goodluck and dont be afraid, have a positive attitude when u go in, and u will have a positive attitude when u come out. mine is july 10th, so i know how u feel!!!
tiffanie_18
on 6/22/08 5:20 am
hi, i had the surgery like a week ago and i am feeling fine, pretty much no pain... unless you dont take you time to drink your ounce of fluids.....lol, so take your time on whatever you are putting in your mouth even if it is water...after the surgery the only pain that you really have after you wake up is the gas pain, just walk, walk , walk, and you will be fine good luck on your surgey.....tiffanie
lisainphilly
on 6/22/08 8:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Terry, my bypass is tomorrow too! I just made a will (just in case). I'm doing some last minute cleaning and I'm nervous as hell, but more than nervous, I"M HUNGRY!!! only clear liquids today, and the past two weeks, nothing but slimfast and protein powder....yuck, but I've lost 10 pounds. What time is your surgery? mine isn't until 2 pm. are you as hungry as I am?
SAM73
on 6/22/08 11:24 am - Hanford, CA
If it's any comfort, I went into surgery starving but when I woke up food was the LAST thing I wanted. Good Luck!
SAM73
on 6/22/08 11:22 am - Hanford, CA
The gas pain is the worst part. Walking really does help so walk as often as you can. It seems to help it move up and/or down your body. I needed help with the pain the first day and through that first night. After that, I didn't need anymore pain meds and I haven't had any pain meds since I have been home. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views