Worst gas pains ever!!

A. Morgan-Ramirez
on 6/22/08 11:27 pm
Last night I started having the worst gas pains I've ever had since surgery June 2nd. It starts right after I eat (soft foods now) even after I drank my protein shake this morning. It starts right under my rib cage and it feels horrible, even if I try to walk it off. Then I take a Pepcid and it subsides untill I eat again. Anyone else go through this?
SAM73
on 6/23/08 5:33 am - Hanford, CA
I'm less than a week out from my surgery, and have not had those problems. BUT, about a 1 1/2 years ago I had to have my gallbladder removed and my symptoms were very similar to that. If you still have your gallbladder, I'd call the doctor and have it checked out. Good luck!
Shelly W.
on 6/23/08 6:12 am - Sumner, WA
I have been experiencing some horrible gas pains too. It's only happened to me a couple of times. However, I am banded so not sure if it's different. Was told today that it will get better. If your having trouble with soft foods, maybe you need to go back to liquids for a few days. I really don't know, but I'd call the doc to be sure.
Ilenefin
on 6/23/08 3:23 pm
Lap Band on 06/09/08 with
HI P. my surgery was June 9th and I have the gas pains also. Mostly in my left shoulder and chest. I take Gas X it subsides but I'm still going through it everytime I eat or when I lay down. I was told by nurse it will go away. Have you had an esoophogram?
A. Morgan-Ramirez
on 6/26/08 1:21 am
Thank you all for your responses. I haven't had any other tests done, besides those from the day after surgery. The gas has subsided somewhat, I guess I shouldn't have eaten whatever I was eating. I have to get used to my new insides and listen to the signs and signals my body gives off. I'm overdoing it too, thinking I could resume life as usual just because I don't feel much pain. But I've gone back to an extent to liquids because I just couldn't bear it anymore. Does anyone feel overly exhausted? I hate to complain so much but I just don't feel as energized as I want to be. I have to get used to it all..Anyone else feel this way?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views