help post op diet

damurphy0526
on 6/27/08 12:25 pm - nashville, TN
I have been on the post op diet for a week now. my surgery is 7-7 and Monday 6-30 I go on liquids only. This is very hard for me but I can tell that my stomach has gotten smaller. any ideas? Some days I do OK and other days I think I am going to starve to death. HELP,HELP PLEASE . How do you go to just 4 protein shakes a day? Thanks to all my friends @ the support group meetings.
damurphy0526
on 6/27/08 12:46 pm - nashville, TN
Sorry it is the pre-opt diet
Donna H.
on 6/27/08 9:53 pm - Wadsworth, OH
I am surprised that the goal is only 4 per day. I have been on Optifast for about 2.5 weeks now, and it is very hard to be around food, cooking for others etc. But at least the hunger becomes more manageable, the farther into the weeks we get. I guess the good news is that you only have about 9 days of the struggle left. I have to stay on Optifast, and then go on clear liquids the day before surgery which will probably feel much worse than having at least some protein/milkiness in what I am drinking. Hope all gets easier as time goes by.. maybe you could find something exciting to do with your time.. or get some extra pre-op chores done! Time is the biggest enemy for me. Take care, and God bless. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 792 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 785 views