4 weeks post op and still vomiting/sour stomach

tgjann
on 7/8/08 6:09 pm - Springfield, MO
OMG I am having so many problems with vomiting and nausea!!! I am having such difficulty getting anything down most of the time, especially vitamins and meds. This has been so hard and I really have remorse! Somebody please help!
mimidoll50
on 7/9/08 7:24 am
Hi That really sucks. I had lots of nausea right after surgery. It lasted for over 36 hours and my Dr kept trying anything. I could not move my head without heaving. He finally tried those patches you wear on a cruise ship. They worked. You need a prescription for them, which I am sure you Dr would give you. I have had to use them several times since I have been home. Not sure it will work but it is worth a try. Works for me, I plan on always having some....Good Luck Praying you will be better
Roshel fuller
on 7/11/08 8:55 am
Are you still on painkillers? I had nausea really bad when I got home from the hospital and it was caused by my prescribed painkiller Roxicet. I switched over to Liquid Tylenol for the next two days and then I was done. However, the day after quitting Roxicet and I didnt' feel like I was on a ship anymore. I hope this helps!
Julie C.
on 7/19/08 9:44 am - Albany, NY
I am 3 and 1/2 weeks post op and in the same situation. I can't even think about eating most of the time. I can't stomach any pills. My doctor recently switched me to all chewable and sublingual but they still make me want to heave. You're not alone. I started crying at the doctor's office on Thursday and told them I wish I had never had the surgery. I have a 3 year old and I have such guilt because most nights I just have to park her in front of the tv because I'm so sick I can't get off the couch. I have to admit I've considered eating saltines (but I haven't) because I just feel so sick. This was worse than when I was pregnant. If you find anything that helps, please share!
tgjann
on 7/21/08 5:29 pm - Springfield, MO
Julie, I did some extensive research and discovered that I have acid reflux!!! At first I settled it with meltaway pepcid ac doubled dose, twice a day and then turned to prilosec. I know exactly how you feel and I too wish I hadn't done it! Good luck sweetie, and thanks for responding to me. I feel like I am alone with this whole thing because there is no after the fact program for support or advice. If I can help, let me know. Terry Morehouse P.S. I've only started the prilosec, it is a 14 day program that is supposed to last 4 months. You really should start with the pepcid ac (maximum strength), that way your stomach will be somewhat settled and then you can get the pills down.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views