anyone working on skin removal?

Kimberlin Katayama
on 1/12/09 12:27 am - CA
I had my surgery June of 08, so I am just about 7 months out. I am about 6-10 pounds away from goal weight. I want to start looking into getting skin removal done. Is any one else here with their surgery date in June 08 getting thiers done already?

Pre-op 210lbs (6/18/2008) Maintaining Goal! 120lbs
Laney T.
on 1/16/09 12:10 pm
I think it's a bit too soon to be looking into skin removal.
I heard the standard is 18-24 months out until your weight has leveled out completely. I would definitely discuss it with your surgeon.

Kimberlin Katayama
on 1/16/09 10:00 pm - CA
THanks! From what I understand my inusrance will only cover "reconstructive surgery" Dec. 31 on the year following the initial surgery. So that means I dont have 18-24 months! Dec. would put me exactly at 18 months and if anything were to go wrong or I needed extra they wouldnt pay for it. So I am in a bind as too when to get it all done!

Pre-op 210lbs (6/18/2008) Maintaining Goal! 120lbs
Penumbra
on 1/26/09 10:52 am, edited 1/26/09 10:52 am - Mount Vernon, WA
I see. I don't think it would hurt since you are so close to goal. I am down 116 so far and 20 from goal. But my ins doesn't cover so I'm waiting to see how much will pop back on it's own. I'm giving it 2 years and then snip snip. But if my ins were paying for it.....then yeah...I'd do it now.
 "Thank God for your trials as much as for your blessings; without the salt of tears you cannot truly appreciate the sweetness of joy." 
                                                                      -Written after the best and worst year of my life.
Mindee M.
on 2/6/09 6:35 am
wow... you look amazing Kimberlin.  Did you call your surgeon or doctors and ask.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Very Respectfully,
Mindee

*Peace & God Bless*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 788 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 780 views