Not sure I am doing so great

cottagechick
on 3/13/09 9:46 pm
I just had my 9 month check up and I somewhat confused and disappointed in myself.  I feel like I have lost a good amount of weight.  I have gone from 341 pre-surgery to 211.  However, I feel like I could be doing much better.  My bloodwork shows low levels all over the place, but the doctor was not worried so I guess that is not a huge deal.  They were not terribly low.  I am finding it more and more of a challenge to eat right.  I am finding that I think I am hungry all the time and I am not satisfied after I eat.  I am full, yes, but satisfied, no.
Any one else struggling like this?  Or am I totally un-normal.  It would not be the first time.  LOL
Shelley
Lbarb26
on 4/1/09 11:22 am - Dundalk, MD
I agree some days are better than others for me it seems.  Like yesterday I was on a carb frenzie it was unreal LOL.  I think your doing great and I am sure we will have some bad days as long as we stay on track.  So dont kick ur self in the butt to bad and stay positive.

313 (pre-op) 165 (present) 175 (goal)
TTC since 10/2009
Barb

Penumbra
on 4/10/09 3:21 am - Mount Vernon, WA
Please don't get down on yourself. Everyone has times when they feel they could be doing better. Since my nursing exam is coming up, I have been eating pretty poorly, not working out, and not getting all of the fluids I should. But I try to remember that each day is a brand new one and a new opportunity to get back on track. Yesterday I swam laps AND went to hot yoga and got 3L of water in and felt really good about it. The point is that you have to take each day as it comes and not get hung up on the days before. That's when you start to get depressed and start sabbotaging yourself out of hopelessness. I'm sure you remember that feeling from dieting before WLS.  So Chin up! You are doing awesome and need to give yourself credit for the strides youv'e made not regret those you could have.  Blessings!
 "Thank God for your trials as much as for your blessings; without the salt of tears you cannot truly appreciate the sweetness of joy." 
                                                                      -Written after the best and worst year of my life.
Amanda B.
on 6/20/09 12:52 am - Phenix City, AL
I know you posted a while ago, but I was just wondering how you're doing now.
Your weight loss is great and if your doc. isn't worried about your levels I don't think it's that big a deal. Are you taking all of your vitamins and supplements?

About feeling un-satisfied even when you're full...that is something that is hard to deal with and you may not be able to do it on your own.  If you can, find a WLS support group or even a psychotherapist who specializes in eating disorders.  You don't want to go on like this or you'll end up ruining your "tool."  You have to get to the root of the problem, what void are you trying to fill with food?  I don't think you're abnormal you just need to get the right help as soon as you can. :)  take care of yourself!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 788 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 781 views