Surgery Date schedules

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/17/11 8:38 pm
Yesterday I received my surgery date:  6/8/2011.  I had to schedule around a couple of personal events.  I am looking forward to talking to others with a date around mine.

Winnie

Holly O.
on 4/15/11 10:05 pm - FL
I am hoping to have my surgery in June sometime.......would love to stay in touch.  -Holly
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/15/11 11:49 pm
Holly, 

Thanks!  Great to know there are other June people out there.  I can't wait.  I start my pre-op diet 4/26.  I have to do 6 weeks of Optifast.  I know it will be a killer but hoping to get a jump on the weight loss.

Winnie

J. Stickney
on 4/26/11 8:49 am - MA
Hi! 

I just got my surgery date today... June 6. I'm excited and anxious all at the same time!  :)

~ Judi
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 1:41 am, edited 4/27/11 1:41 am - Elkton, MD

I just got scheduled for June 27th. Hoping this one sticks! I was denied and had to appeal. But I have to redo my cardio and pulmonary clearances first. Hope they dont screw with my new date.

Kaysmommy
on 4/28/11 12:44 pm - Silver City, NM
Hi everyone. I'm hoping to be scheduled for surgery in June. I go for my seminar in about 2 weeks and the hospital I'm going with usually schedules their surgeries shortly thereafter. I still can't believe how Close I am to this actualy happening. I'm still speechless and trying to talk about it with my families at this point is really akeward, does anyone else feel thisway?
lynni
on 5/11/11 4:56 am
I am going to the Doctor's tomorrow and will be getting my date.  They have assured me that insurance will approve.  Some of my close family members are trying to talk me out of it.  I feel like I have failed so many times with weight loss that I am embarassed to say I'm trying something else so I don't talk about it. 
Had the band when it first came out.  It worked for a couple of years then it slipped.  Had to have a second surgery.  Then last year the band eroded into my stomach and had to be removed.  I am having the vertical sleeve this time.
prairiedawn
on 5/17/11 2:46 am
I feel the same way Kaysmommy.....My surgery is set for June 1st although I am not 100% sure if the insurance is set but I have completed all the necessary procedures and requests.

I went to my hospital's seminar and it was very informative.  I can't believe I am so close.  It hasn't hit me which is why I think I haven't told anyone except for my husband and sister.  Are you telling everyone 100%?  I feel like I will be judged which is strange but true.

My surgeon's office is telling me I should be good to go but I don't want to be stuck with a big bill at the end when I thought it was covered.

Curious to hear how you tell everyone in your life....

Thanks!
Mommy2Boys
on 5/3/11 2:17 am - TN
I'll be joining you guys on the June '11 board.  I'm scheduled for 6/6/11.  I'm nervous and excited.  Most of my nerves are about being able to stick to the two week pre-op diet that I start on 5/23.  Clearly, I'm not the best at sticking to diets.  I think I'd die if I had to do six weeks.  Bless your heart.  I'm also not looking forward to telling some of my family that I am certain won't be supportive.  In a perfect world I wouldn't tell them, but there is no way around it.  Needless to say I'm putting that off as long as possible.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/4/11 4:01 am
I started Optifast on April 26th.  So I am on day 9.  I am doing a 6-week liquid diet.  It really has not been bad.  Talking to others I have worked with is that it is hard if you go through carb withdrawl.  I pretty much wiped simple carbs (sugar, flour, white potatoes) out of my diet already so I did not go through carb withdrawl. You can do it!

Winnie

Most Active