Day 8 pre-op liquid diet

NextChapterPlease
on 5/30/11 1:00 pm - CA
HI, I should be blogging everyday ( and I will start in a formal space), however I feel comfortable on this board, and feel I blessed to be connecting with so many people having this life transforming surgery, the same time as me, in the month of June.

Today is day 7. I feel AMAZING. Headaches and fatigue is gone. I continue to walk three miles a day, drink my water, get all of my 60 to 70 grams of protein in per day, and stay connected to others who are walking this past with me.

I believe the walking and spacing my liquid intake out over 6 meals per day works for me. Once I have the surgery, my pouch will be the size of a walnut. It will be critical to make sure what I put in that little space continues the most amount of protein and nutrients for my body.

I went to Trader Joes today and purchased some of my pre-op vitamins. I also have purchased the low fat cream soups I am allowed, and the best I have found so far is the Latin Black Bean, Corn with sweet red pepper, and Carrot Ginger. SF jello is my new best friend ( laughing), and I never thought I'd say this, but  I am over anything that tastes like Chocolate... I also have tried a few different whey protein powders, and have had to return two of them to Trader Joes. They do not agree with my system. The ones that work for me are World Wide protein ( 35G protein, 170 calories) and EAS Lite protein ( 25G Protein and 165 Caolories). This is my base. Everything else works around this, with consuming at least 64 oz of water.

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for my upcoming surgery. I take it a day at a time, and each day my head clears, and the fog lifts, I am reminded of what got me to this place in my life ( emotional eating ), and I am finding ways to meet my needs without using food.

Hoping you all had a great day!
D-

Tammy G.
on 5/30/11 1:47 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 It sounds like you are in a good place and you are ready to go!
Most Active