insulin depedent diabetic

lorindac
on 6/6/11 3:28 am - durham, NC
Help please. I am insulin dependent diabetic(one of the reasons i am having the surgery)and today i can actually say my sugar dropped so low i had to have a small box of rasins to bring it back up. Any tips since everything is sugar free i'm on my two weeks liquid diet and a sliding scale insulin. today is day 3 for me on my liquid only diet.

Tammy G.
on 6/6/11 5:12 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 I'm not diabetic, but knowing what I know about diabetes, I would suggest you call and talk to your nutritionist and/or primary care physcian about your liquid diet.  I don't see how you can go 2 weeks without any complex carbs with your condition, especially when you are already experiencing negative symptoms.  Please call and talk to them.

You might also post this on the main forum so more people will see it so you can get guidance from others who've been where you are today.

Good luck!
lorindac
on 6/6/11 6:15 am - durham, NC
Thanks Tammy,
I did call my primary doctor and she readjusted my insulin. I have to slide scale by the number of carbs. So it will be a interesting 13 days. But I am determined to succeed.

Tammy G.
on 6/6/11 6:11 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 Well I do hope you get a quick resolution to your diabetes after surgery.  It has been a miracle for some people and you could be one of the lucky ones!  Good luck on your liquid diet.  I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I really feel the liquid diet of that length isn't appropriate for everyone.  If you just can't do it you might suggest a high protein, low carb, low fat solid diet to your nutritionist and possibly only do liquid for the last 2-3 days.  Just a suggestion ;)
lorindac
on 6/7/11 3:12 am - durham, NC
I had to change my enodocrine dr but I have an appointment tuesday with the new one.

Most Active