8 days to surgery

lorindac
on 6/12/11 7:07 am - durham, NC

Well as of today I have 8 days until surgery.. I have been on my liquid proteins and nonstarchy veggies for a week know and have lost about 7lbs. I have a busy week at work this week and with last minute dr appointments and pre-op on Wednesday. Nervous energy now and I still as of yet havent told my friend that I have been dating for 6 months that I am having the surgery. He knows that I am working on losing weight but has no idea. He knows my mom will be here for a month so our time together will be short. But I have decided when he comes back in town on Thursday I will tell him. I asked him one day if i lost a 100lbs would he still want to be with me. He said that he was attracted to not just my body but the whole of me inside and out. But I'm still nervouse about his reaction to me having surgery.

Tammy G.
on 6/12/11 8:44 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 You know your friend better than I do, but my opinion is that you are missing out a great source of support!  He sounds like he likes you at any weight and if you explained why you felt the surgery is benefiting you, I'm sure he'd understand.

Good luck ;)
princessfrogee
on 6/12/11 1:37 pm - AL
I agree with Tammy, you definitely should tell him.  This will be a big indicator of the type of man he really is for you.  Good luck!!  Will be praying for your peace of mind and strength to get it all out to him. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Stacie P.
on 6/13/11 1:30 am, edited 6/13/11 1:59 am - PA
I have to agree with Tammy also. You are missing out on an important part of your support system, and he has told you that he loves you unconditionally so let him be a part of this great journey! Especially if you are considering him as part of your future.
~Stacie  

lorindac
on 6/13/11 9:59 am - durham, NC
Ok I was worried for nothing at all. I told him and he is behind me getting healthy 100%. i am doing my happy dance right now,

Stacie P.
on 6/13/11 11:20 pm - PA

That is FABULOUS!!! I am so happy for you!!!

~Stacie  

mlyssa971
on 6/13/11 12:22 pm
awesome! Our men can be great at times. Good luck with your preop and surgery.
Most Active