Long-term success

Peter Roehrich
on 8/9/06 9:35 pm - New York, NY
I was going through some paper the other day and found this handout from my surgeons office. It lists and discusses 10 tips for Long-term success, so I thought I would post them here to help remind us all. It is things I know I need to be doing but it is good to have a reminder. In addition he also lists 3 things to avoid that slow weight loss which I know at this point many people are struggling with. I hope you find this helpful. 1. Take a multi vitamin and mineral supplement daily. 2. Take a calcium supplement as recommended by your doctor. 3. Take an iron supplement as recommened by your doctor. 4. Eat small meals 3 times a day. 5. Eat foods rich in protien. 6. Eat slowly. (I still struggle with this) 7. Chew your food to the consistancy of applesauce. (Only need to clog once to remember this) 8. Do not drink with your meals. 9. Avoid concentrated sweets. 10. Try to exercise every day. The 3 things to avoid that slow weight loss: 1. Avoid high-calorie beverages such as regular pop, Kool-Aid and fruit juices. 2. Avoid eating often during the day. (This would be my demon....snacking) 3. Avoid eating beyond the point of feeling full. (I do this about once a month) I hope you find these reminders useful. Have a happy successful day!
AndreaA
on 8/9/06 11:14 pm
Hmmm- Pretty helpful. I need to remind myself to eat slowly, chew, chew, chew, and avoid snacking. Also not drinking with meals continues to be a challenge. Thanks!
Peter Roehrich
on 8/9/06 11:35 pm - New York, NY
We have to remind each other NO SNACKING this weekend! I wonder if the not drinking with meals includes sipping on wine with dinner. I'm not sure how I should ask my surgeon that one.
AndreaA
on 8/10/06 12:17 am
nah, wine doesn't count.
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/06 10:23 pm - NC
My sugar keeps dropping way to low. I can't eat sugar at all. I get very,very sick from just a little taste. I can eat fruits but not drink fruit juice. I can't get in enough fruit for the sugar. Do you know if anything that might bring it up. I can tell when it is low. I get very light headed.......... And confused.............Well I stay confused.........I'm almost 42 big years old............ God bless amy
Peter Roehrich
on 8/10/06 10:54 pm - New York, NY
Hey how ya been doing? I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you've made any progress seeing another doctor. Keep us posted. Are you sure you are getting in enough water? I know when I'm not getting my water in I feel lightheaded. Just a thought. As far as sugar from fruit I'm not sure you may look at things like apples, pears, apricots because I do believe they are fairly high in calories and thus would probably be high in sugar also. I'll have to do some more looking for that info. When I find something I'll let you know, right now though I've got to get to the airport. I'll let you know what I find later, and keep us posted how you are doing.
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/06 11:42 pm - NC
I am doing so much better. It kinda scares me. I don't get in enough water at all. I am going on August 30th. To another doctor. I don't feel bad for doing it. I will tell my doctor that I went to see someone else. I am nothing special to him. And he is nothing special to me............ I thank you for all your help. You all are such good people.................I don't know all of you but I do care and love all of you. Have a blessed day. Oh yeah I am back up 101 lbs. I am in the 3 digit numbers again..........98 was a little to scronie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like a little ant........ Amy
Tim C.
on 8/10/06 11:50 pm - Roseville, MI
Thanks for the reminder Peter. We need to remember these things in order to use this tool effectively. now everybody get out there and exercise TODAY! Tim
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1012 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 787 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 915 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1131 views