Anyone struggling?

tn74123698
on 5/25/07 2:34 pm
Hi, I am new here. My name is Steph, I'm 35 years old, married, working mother of twin 4 year olds. I still struggle with food addiction problems since I had the surgery. I have lost all the weight I needed to lose, and I have maintained the weight loss so far. But my problem with food goes deeper than the numbers on the scale, and is affecting my mental and physical health to the point I feel despair. I was just curious if anyone else still struggles with food? If anyone relates, I'd really like to have a support buddy to talk to, and possibly report food intake to. I'm not looking to lose more weight, I just want to get a handle on this problem so I can be a healthier and happier person. Thank you. Steph
Tim C.
on 5/26/07 3:49 am - Roseville, MI
I hear ya Steph! I still find myself looking in the fridge and pantry when I get bored. At least I recognize the behavior now and manage to avoid most of the snacking (that and I don't have any of my old snacks around anymore). It's still frustrating to do that though and I feel guilty when I catch myself doing it. Good luck Tim
Maria Finan
on 5/26/07 4:32 am - Richland, WA
I'm right there with Tim...looking for food when I'm not hungry...just bored....got to find a good hobby....still a little below my goal...but don't want any to creep back on.... Maria 272/155/149 pre/goal/current
maureen A.
on 5/26/07 11:51 am - Tamarac, FL
Hi Steph, I can relate in my own way. I'm at 125 pounds. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this dream would come true. But it did... and along with it came a very real fear of gaining it back. I know that I have changed my eating habits, my cooking, my foods, my portions, even my plate size I still eat from a smaller size salad plate since surgery. But I consider EVERYTHING I eat before I eat it. It's become a checks and balances type of thing. If I have this now I can't or won't have that later. I have become my own food police. And beleive me I am a top Sargent at this game. I frighten myself with own adherance to my own new 'food lifestyle'. I love food, I love to cook and I want it to be part of my life. I just don't want it to my whole life. But shopping for fresh food, cooking it, and eating it is central to the person I am now. I have accepted that... If you want to email me you can do so at [email protected] peace Mo
Southgrim
on 6/7/07 1:30 pm - Madison, MS
Boy oh Boy yes! I have times of weakness and will "over eat" and eat sugar etc... I've had to really give myself a swift kick in the butt lately. I had gained a few pounds back and REALLY freaked. I was so afraid of going backwards. So, I re-instated the rules and got back on track and boy do I feel better, and the pounds came off in a week. One thing I started doing again was tracking my food intake on www.fitday.com. It did 2 things for me.. #1, it kept me on track, but most importantly #2, it reminded me that even though I did eat "so-in-so" snack, my calorie intake was still remaining around 1000-1200 a day. So I was able to do less of the "beat yourself up" syndrome, which immediately makes me want to eat more! I'm my own worst enemy. So I find that if I'm kinder to myself, I treat myself better, and that includes what I eat. HUGS Kimberly ps... welcome to the board!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/07 7:47 am - Kennewick, WA
Oh yeah, I can relate!! I'm maintaining for the past year and I haven't even lost the last 35lbs and having the hardest with it! I've been eating very well lately ... but like today, I was bored at work and for some reason I was craving a burrito. I lasted about 2 hours and then gave in ... oh well, it will be salad for dinner!! Good luck and keep on fighting the demons ... I don't think they will ever leave us!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views