results from consult

frenchhorn
on 6/6/07 12:14 pm - Hugo, MN
i'm so much happier with number 2. today i had my 2nd consult- as the first one wouldn't even look at the tummy- said my bmi was over 30- (31.4) and wouldn't perform it- but would do the breast reduction- leaving me still a C cup. today- this surgeon was so appauld that this other surgeon said anything about a BMI being a factor- he looked at my tummy- and said in fact I wouldn't need any muscle tightening because I have pretty good stomach muscles.. and i have to loose skin on my butt (I knew that) and my legs were pretty good (muscle bound, he said ) but yes, my mons and tummy and breasts were causingall the back, shoulder and neck pain. and the rashes.. so he was going to submit to the insurance that it's a reconstructive lipectomy ?sp? just a hip to hip everything uner the belly button and pull up the mons area- SO HAPPY... plus breast reduction- the only thing that worries me is that he said have to go down to a B cup for insurance to approve it- YIKES- i swear in the 4th grade i went one day I was a nothing- to a DDD- and kept growing - i'm not sure if i would be able to see me in a B cup yikes.... but i was suprised- that he said the lower tummy might get insurance coverage... - no muscle tightening- he said he would try and save the belly button position- but might need to relocate it (bring it up a little) might help with the upper tummy without doing a full tummy tuck/abdomenasopy.... he said we should find out in 3-4 weeks- then it would take about 2-3 weeks to scheudule the surgeries- which he would do at the same time- it will take 4-6 weeks for recovery- i go back to my teachign job late august... YIKES.. cutting it close- so i hope insurances approves it like asap...and i don't have to do any appeals.... jennifer
maureen A.
on 6/7/07 10:53 am - Tamarac, FL
Jen, it's so great you got good news on this!. I was rooting for ya kiddo!.. keep us all posted. I aslo just gave all my paper work over to the Plastics docor so hope to hear good things soon. good luck to you always.. peace mo
Southgrim
on 6/7/07 1:21 pm - Madison, MS
That is SO WAY cool! I'm considering talking to my doc about starting the plastics thing. We'll see what happens, or if I even have the nerve to do it. LOL By the way... I'm a B cup now and LOVE IT! I was like you with the big 'ol boobs immediately showing up during my early teens. So.... don't freak over it. Just tell him to make you as big a B as he can! HUGS K
frenchhorn
on 6/8/07 12:18 am - Hugo, MN
i'm so nervous about the breasts though. I mean all my life- i've been so big... like the "best" part of my bod you know. and to lose those.... (even though they're so ugly- long- wide.. you name it) my husband loves them too... but he understand... if my chest is "gone" and the lower tummy is gone- i'll look so wierd with the upper tummy as my chest... ???? i still would have 2 chests- now i have three... boob, upper roll, lower roll... i don't think the middle roll will "go away" with just removing the lower roll- yes it won't be as big but .... i just don't want it as big as my B cups....??? jennifer
Southgrim
on 6/10/07 2:23 pm - Madison, MS
I understand... you still want "proportioned boobs". LOL I'm sure the surgeon wouldn't recommend anything that will make you look topsy turvey. Keep us posted! Plastics really intrigue me! HUGS K
frenchhorn
on 6/11/07 10:22 am - Hugo, MN
i got the approval from the first plastics for only BR got approved.. now i'm wondering if i should call my insurance and see if one got approved- if number two would also be approved- and see if i can "push" them along to see if the panni removal would get approved.. ?? jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views