Well summer is here.....

Debbie M.
on 6/16/07 3:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX
How is everyone doing this summer? As we all approach our two year anniversary, everyone still on track? Got any big plans this summer? I come here often and check the board, so I thought I would post here and get some talk going. How are wedding plans coming??? when??? Plastic folks how are you doing? Loving your results? Any advice for those of us starting that journey? How is the family, kiddo's doing? Grab a cup of coffee and lets talk!
maureen A.
on 6/17/07 1:10 am - Tamarac, FL
Well, It looks like just you and me Deb are ready to have a coffee clutch. I hope all our other July 05' folks are doing well. I just ad my 2 year surgical appointment and I am doing very well. My weight is good. about 125 today. It's hot hot hot here in South Florida but, It's infinatly better than being hot and humid at this weight than it was at 290 pounds... I'm waiting to hear the word on insurance coverage for a breast work myself. I will be very surprised to hear I was approved for coverage but, I remain hopeful. I have read quite a few commemts from peoplw on various boards including the Plastic Surgey message board on here (O.H) that shows a trend I think toward more insurance coverage of procedures like panni removals, breast lift/reductions, and full adominoplasty. I even read one yesterday that someone wrote telling of approval for a lower body lift. I think so much depends on individual cir****tances and what kind of work is needed. I wish you all well. And incourage whoever you are to come out and hang out some on the board here once in a while. I know I can't be the only one *****members all the old faces and names and the fun we had on here not that long ago. So, Take a momnet from your busy lives and say Hey! thats it just Hey! peace Mo
Debbie M.
on 6/19/07 3:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Mo! Yes I agree with you about the summer heat being so much more bearable that in the past when we had that extra weight on. I used to keep my air on in the house all the time and my son told me "you could hang meat in here". Now I am the one moving the needle up when I get chilled. Who would have thunk it? We are having rain rain rain here and finally today we have sunshine! Feels so good. I did hear on the news that in Arizona it was 115 yesterday. Malibu, don't melt out there! Our insurance at work is changing to a new company July 1st so I am anxious to see about plastics when I find out who the new carrier is. Fingers crossed!
frenchhorn
on 6/17/07 4:33 am - Hugo, MN
SCHOOL"S OUT... - my last day of teaching was friday- and boy- i'm going to take the summer by the horns... I have painted the whole inside of our house- except the master bedroom/bathroom- that's on the next paycheck!! bold- wonderful EARTHY colors- smokey dark blue (sky)- burnt orange (sunset).. sage green (grass) and yellow (sun)....just looks so beautiful.. I want to get everything done- as I'm pretty sure in about a month- i'm going to get my Breast Reduction (approved).. and possilbe panni removal (should hear by this coming friday).. so nervous... but i want to wear pretty clothes- this hanging panni- just makes me feel so ugly yet.. plus the rashes- and back (PAIN).. i'm hoping my inurance says APPROVED... i want to get out in the yard and plant all of these flowers i have- but go****'s so HOT and HUMID.. and even with the weight loss- with the excess skin folds- i get rashes worse... so i have to stay pretty cool yet... have a great summer I'll take an iced coffee... (drinking it right now- decaf soy iced s/f mocha) jennifer
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/07 9:27 am - Cincinnati, OH
Summer is going great. Going for a plastic surgery consult on July 16th.
Daveloss
on 6/21/07 1:36 am - Frankfort, KY
Enjoying my renewed life... Marge and I went to Virginia Beach last week. This was our first vacation without the kid(s) since our 25th in 1995 (Puerto Vallarta). We had a wonderful, relaxing time. The seafood, in very small quantities, went down fine. The highlight was the Boardwalk Arts Show where we bought a few pieces. We are planning a trip to Chicago in July to see a dear college friend we haven't seen in 20 years. I'm going to schedule my 2 year follow up next week. I stay within 5 pounds of 212, a 110 pound loss. Like many, I read the board daily but respond less. I'm looking forward to wedding pictures from Andrea and Peter. Dave
AndreaA
on 6/27/07 11:06 pm
Hey Debbie! Hope you are doing well. My life has been crazy. I started my new job in March, so I am still trying to get up to speed. Peter moved from Minnesota to NYC two weeks ago. We're still trying to fit all our stuff in our apartment! And as of today we have exactly one month until our wedding. As I come up on the two year mark, I am getting ready to make an appointment to see my surgeon. I am still about eight pounds over what I was at my lowest weight, but have lost 7 from by bounce back of 15. I started going back to the gym and it has helped my outlook as well as my health. Given the wedding, we have both postponed plastics-- although I would love to do it--- we really can't right now. Hope everyone is doing well!
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/07 2:01 am - Kennewick, WA
Hey Deb, I'm not going for a follow up since my doc has retired, but I've been going for blood work every 3-4 months and all is good! I can only wish for hot and humid ...welcome to the Great NW! It's still cloudy and rainy here and we've had very few nice days! I really hope it will be nicer by next week ... but who knows!! I want the SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still fighting to loose the last 25-35lbs, but still really happy with how far I've come and with clothes ... I look okay! Planning on plastics next year March/April so hopefully nothing happens to prevent that! Take it easy and HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1006 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views