2 year follow up

Tim C.
on 6/20/07 5:47 am - Roseville, MI
I had my 2 year follow up with my bariatric surgeon today. He went over the blood tests I had done last week and just a general exam. The verdict is....I am doing GREAT! All my tests came back excellent! I weighed in at 215 lbs, a 215 pound loss. I'm half the man I used to be and twice the man I was. My doc also asked me if I might be interested in coming to the informational seminars and talking to the pre-op patients. I said I would love to. I've gotten so much out of my WLS, it would be a good thing to give a little back. How's everybody elses 2 year follow ups going? If you don't have one scheduled then call your doc and set up an appointment. Get your blood work done! It's the only way to make sure you are healthy and getting the most benefits from your WLS. We all went through a lot to lose weight and get healthier and now's not the time to start slacking off. Take care and God bless! Tim
frenchhorn
on 6/20/07 8:57 am - Hugo, MN
i'm going to be naughty and not do my 2 year follow up.. because- all of my followups- she just basically poked my tummy- then said- i needed to lose more- and sent me right to the dietician- which in turn said my eating we could try this way- then that way- and nothing changed.. anyway.. i'm not slacking off that's for sure... i am gaining- but i know why- i'm in constant pain from the back- i'm trying to exercise- treadmill etc... slow walking- but longer walks... as much as i can stand.... jennifer
Maria Finan
on 6/20/07 2:33 pm - Richland, WA
Mine is next week....I think everything is fine....I have put on about 6-8 pounds but I'm still a few pounds under my goal weight of 155....I have a tummy tuck consult on the same day....so we'll see if insurance will pay... Maria 272/155/150
Tammy E.
on 6/20/07 10:31 pm - St. Paul Park, MN
Sounds like your doing a GREAT JOB! I still think back to when we all first started this jourey and never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would lose over a hundred pounds and here today I'm hanging in around 120 lost still weighting in at 165 but considering I was 280 day of surgery and 315 at my very highest I will take it.
Skinny Inside
on 7/10/07 4:07 am - Long Island, NY
Glad you're doing so well. I have a confession to make. I never even went for my ONE YEAR follow up, BUT, in my defense, I have had blood work regularly at my PCP (who is also a WLS patient). Follow ups to my surgeon have been so inconvenient based on his location and office hours and all for a 2 second visit - he doesn't even do labs unless there's a concern, so I just do it all with my PCP. I do want to send my surgeon an AFTER picture or something though - at least for my file - they can check me off as a success! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views