2 years surgiversary July 19 2007

S W.
on 7/13/07 7:46 am - MI
Two years. I began this journey at 325lbs. Yesterday I had my 2 year post op appt with my RNY surgeon and was 148lbs. That's a total lost of 177lbs. I use to wear size 32 pants. I wear size 10's now. I use to wear size 3-4x tops. I can get into snug extra smalls. Never in a million did I imagine that would happen. I had high blood pressure, diabetes (type 2), sleep apnea, chronic asthma, bad knees and joint pain, and my bmi when I began was 62. I now have normal blood pressure, no diabates, sleep wonderfully, no asthma, knees rock and no pain and my bmi is 26.1 today. I walk about 12-15 miles a week, ride horses probably 4 times a week for about an hour each time and try to play with the big exercise ball at least once a day. (strengthens abs!) I've felt like this was the best thing I ever did in my life. And deep in my heart, I wish my Dad were alive and could see how I have changed, inside and out. The last time he saw me I weighed in the 180's and hadn't had plastics yet. I was able to climb down a cliff in Canada recently to spend the morning fishing in a lake and climb back up that cliff without killing myself. Had I been where I was at the beginning of my journey, not possible. Yesterday at my post op appointment, people in the office (nurses and my surgeon) were all stunned at how I've changed. They were simply tickled that things are going well. My labs were perfect and I can only hope they remain that way. Indeed it could change in an instant, so I watch my intakes as best as I can. Thanks for letting me share this special time and here's the url to my photo retrospective slideshow of my journey. http://picasaweb.google.com/weiss1sa/2years?authkey=2lfCNWw5yFY (note: be sure to get the auth key at the end of the link or it won't work)
maureen A.
on 7/13/07 11:08 am - Tamarac, FL
here's to you Stacey!! You look great! And even better you feel great.. good to hear that you are doing well.. peace mo
S W.
on 7/17/07 9:09 am - MI
Thanks Maureen!!! It's been a ride to say the least. Hardest part was last year losing my dad before he saw me reach my goal weight. I know he sees me now...but there's that inner sadness. Appreciate your congrats!!! Stacey W
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1006 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views