How long do we have to drink protein supplements?

tisha209
on 8/29/07 9:14 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hello everyone. I have a quick question. I had my surgery on 07/27/2005 and I am wondering how long are suppose to drink protein supplements? Is anyone still taking them? I still drink them but I am getting rather tired of them and as you all know they can be expensive. Your response is greatly appreciated!
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/07 1:18 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Hi Latisha You can get off of protein drinks whenever you feel comfortable that you received the daily intake of 60 grams or more from solid foods. I am 2 years out and I still take the shakes for breakfast because I cnanot stomach breakfast food that early in the morning. So I still use them.
tisha209
on 8/29/07 8:16 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for your response. I have been debating whether to continue the supplements. Are you still losing or have you just about leveled out? I think I am leveling out and just hovering around the same weight now. Thanks again for listening. Have an awesome day!
AndreaA
on 8/30/07 12:03 am
Latisha- My nutritionist encourages people to get off protein drinks as soon as possible (once you are getting 60 gr. of protein) because liquid is not as filling as more dense protein. In contrast, Peter's doctor allows him to continue protein drinks indefinitely.
Linda H.
on 9/17/07 9:25 pm - FERRIS, TX
I still drink at least 1-2 shakes a day. I just like that fact that most protein shakes don't have alot of calories and I really enjoy them.
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/07 11:10 am - Kennewick, WA
I'm with Linda, I drink about 1-2 a day (sometimes 3) just cuz I like them and I have it for breakfast and a as a snack in the afternoon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1006 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views