Update (very long, sorry)

Tammy E.
on 8/30/07 10:31 pm - St. Paul Park, MN
First I had my 2 year check up and it's not good. My liver, kidneys are not functioning at full capacity. It's my own fault; I haven't been taking my vitamins and calcium. My iron is VERY low and now I'm 6 different prescriptions trying to get everything back to where it should be. I have 1 month to improve or I might have to go into the hospital. So I guess they know what the doctors are talking about when they say how important it is to take your vitamins. I learned, but the hard way. But it does explain a lot as to why I was so tired so a few other things. I have lost 120 lbs and went from a size 28 (tight) pants to 8-10 and from 3X shirt to Med/Large (12/14) I really want to lose another 5-10 lbs but until I get all my levels back up I have to really concentrate on what I'm eating. I can't have coffee for breakfast, lunch and supper and a night time snack anymore. The home life is just as bad, daughter was all enrolled into St Kate's and decided last Monday to drop out and go to River Falls, WI instead. She won't talk to us much about it, but it has a lot to do with money. Good for us I guess as they said that parents responsibility for St Kate's was $15,000.00 and River Falls $7,000 and that's only because she was still able to bring 3 scholarships with her t River Falls. Were just glad she's still going to collage but I know that she really wanted to go to St Kate's and they really wanted her too! The boys; where to start they are now 4 ½ and will be starting preschool in 2 weeks, they are so excited we got them new backpacks the other day (even though they had new ones but those were for camping so that was no good). Joe was almost hit by a car a week ago, some kids came down our street speeding so Joe fell off his bike so he wouldn't get hit and banged up his face real good. He's ok and the neighbor got the license plate of this kid an the cops were called, needless to say they found him and he received a ticket, then later that night his parents and him come to the house to make sure Joe was ok and brought him a stuffed animal and the kids was SO sorry and his parents took away his car and he was in trouble with them. I bet he doesn't speed again. His parents were mad. Also, Joe...We had a older boy touch Joe, the kid in 15! So we are now dealing with the police, County attorneys and social workers. Joe seems to be ok, it happened only once (that we are aware of). The kid is denying what really happened but now it's up to the county attorney office to see where this is going to go. There is enough on this kid that the police thought that the county should take a look. No one tells us anything since it's an on going case and even though we are involved so that is very frustrating. It was so hard listening to your baby (even though he's 4 ½, he's still my baby) say these things. But like I said Joe seems to be unaffected by all of it. About a month ago we bought a 2008 camper and we just love it. We are camping all the time and they boys just love it. I didn't think that I would like doing this every other weekend but I do have to admit that I miss it when were not camping. Plus when were gone all the time the house stays clean longer, so that's a plus! Well this has gotten way to long, so everyone take care and have a nice long weekend, I know we will.
Maria Finan
on 8/31/07 12:26 pm - Richland, WA
Tammy ~ Glad to see that you're getting back on track with vitamins/supplements. I also am severely anemic but have been working on getting it back up since June. Actually, I started taking some iron supplements in April when my PCM told me I was anemic; but then I found out from my WLS doctor that there was a better type of iron for me to take (I was taking ferrous sulfate but switched to ferrous fumarate). I am slowly regaining my energy. Sorry to hear about the family troubles. Maria
AndreaA
on 9/4/07 1:19 am
Tammy- Sorry to hear about your family troubles and your health. I hope that you are back in full gear and that Joe is OK. Love, andrea
Debbie M.
on 9/4/07 12:39 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Tammy, I too had a wake up call at my two year check up. I had gotten off the vitamin regime daily and missed a day here and there, then a week or two went by and I had terrible labs at my check up. I am now taking daily a new type (liquid ones--actually a powder I mix with water and drink each morning) It has only been one week now and I can already tell a difference in how I feel. My doctor gave me a long talking too about absorption of nutrients from our food and how while we can get plenty of calories, we can actually be "malnourished" because of the absorption or lack thereof. It was a talk I had at the beginning but just thought cause I felt so good losing the weight, I didn't need the vitamins so much. WRONG. So if anyone else here is reading this and is not being very diligent with their vitamins, calcium, etc. Please, take it serious. Hope things are better with your little ones. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1006 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views