Radiotherapy to Start

Daveloss
on 9/18/07 3:07 am - Frankfort, KY
Thanks, Julyers for the comments and emails. My teeth are all out, 3/4 healed, and Margery has rediscovered the joys of creamy souffle-making with vegs and cheeses. So much better than babyfood! I've tried to increase my caloric intake as I'll lose major weight during the radio/chemo. It takes alot for me to dump so I've added sweets. I gained 6 pounds over a month but lost most of it last week after they surgically implanted a feeding tube for when swallowing gets rough. That op was to be lap, but I've got a 4 1/2 in*****ision (rny scar tissue precluded the lap). I was sore for some days and I rekindled a friendship with percoset. I'll also use it when the radio gets painful. The pouch is fine: they placed the tube in my jujunum (sp). It works well. We'll use it full time after a few weeks of radio. Radio stars next Monday. I'll report back in a few weeks. I'm ready to rumble!!! Dave
HOTTMAMMA
on 9/18/07 6:57 am
Hope you feel better soon. Sorry you are having troubles. amy
Maria Finan
on 9/18/07 4:18 pm - Richland, WA
Dave, You're in my thoughts....looks like you're ready to fight! Maria
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/07 1:29 am
Lots of luck to you Dave - you sound ready to fight this thing!!!!! Sharon
AndreaA
on 9/20/07 3:21 am
Dave- We are sending tons of good karma your way. Please have Margery update us on your progress. love and good wishes- Andrea & Pete
jennifer uzarski
on 9/20/07 5:58 am - linesville, PA
Lots of love and prayers your way, Dave!! Your attitude is outstanding and that is half the battle!! Please keep in touch!!
Tim C.
on 9/21/07 7:50 am - Roseville, MI
Great attitude Dave. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Now go and KICK ITS A$$!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1006 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views