Vitamins - Please Read

Kim S
on 9/21/07 4:42 am - WILMINGTON, DE
I never post much but I do read the boards daily. I had RYN surgery on July 19, 2005. I went for my 2 year follow-up today and everything was fine with me. I was sitting next to a beautiful young girl who used a walker. We started talking and she told me she had RYN four years ago in New York. She also told me that she had "Wernicki's" which is a neurological condition that is a direct result from not taking her vitamins. It was so sad....she was really having a time walking. So please...take your vitamins. Thanks, Kim
Tim C.
on 9/21/07 7:56 am - Roseville, MI
Absolutely true! I always push taking your vitamins to all the bariatric newbies I talk to. Wernicke's encephalopathy is directly related to not getting enough vitamin B I can be cured if caught early but can also lead to PERMANENT damage if not. This is why I give myself B12 injections every 2 weeks. If you can't handle needles take a sublinguial vitamin B12 every day. ASK YOUR DOCTOR! Here is a link with more info...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernicke's_encephalopathy Tim
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1006 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views