Remember me - Pattiann

Pattiann
on 11/14/07 3:52 am - Buffalo, NY
SHAME ON ME... I have not been on this board in many months. Just a quick update on what is going on in my life since wls... I had surgery in July 2005. Made my surgeons website Dr. Caruan of Buffalo New York. A success story. I went from 272 to 153 and I am still maintaining! With NO COMPLICATIONS to date no hair loss no dumping no food problems no dehydration. I was faithful to diet and excercise. ANGELS on my SIDE. On July 1 2006, I was injured as a passenger in an awful auto accident. An old boyfriend was the driver. I sustained multiple rib and spine fractures-herniated discs in my neck. I had a pneumothorax (a hole in my lung) lung collapsed. I also sustained an abdominal hernia and concussion along with the finding of two meningiomas (brain tumors). I injured my left knee and right shoulder arm and hand. I had a fetanyl and dilaudu=id pump for pain and was in hospital two weeks. I LIVED!!!!!!!!!!! I am still recovering. On December 24th 2006 (Xmas Eve) my mom( best friend) passed away. She was my greatest supporter along with my dad. On April 24th 2007 I had surgery on my neck anterior cervical discectomy with fusion using cadevor bone. I AM STILL IN Horrendous PAIN..WORSE THAN ANYTHING I HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH in life. Yet I am lucky to be alive. In May of 2007 I met a gentleman. I have been seeing him for 5 months now. He totally understands my achews pains and has given me so much comfort and friendship. I still need additional surgery- hernia and nerve release to ease the pain. I lost my position at a local hospital- I am fighting for SS disability and can barely function on a daily basis. The only problem I have is the need to take anti-inflammatory meds and the problem it has on our little tummy. I am in a pickel. Looking for anyone out there who is taking meds to relieve pain and inflammation without harming tummy. I have not found anything yet to help me. I am barely keeping myself positive mentally and miss the feelings I had before the accident. I am greatful to be alive but each day is struggle. I am looking for encouragement from those who have managed back pain- neck pain and found a med or something to take that is not harmful to our stomachs. Help and missed you all!!!
Maria Finan
on 11/14/07 5:00 am - Richland, WA
Pattiann, Sorry to hear of all your troubles but sounds like you're keeping positive. I was taking Celebrex for arthritis but my WLS doc made me take Nexium with it to help protect the tummy. Hope you find something that works. Maria
Pattiann
on 11/16/07 11:09 am - Buffalo, NY
Maria Thank you- I started on the celebrex- did not work took prevacid with it. The problem I am having is that I cannot even take a rolaid or tums they interfere with the neurontin. Thank you for your support. I did hear that with the malabsorption we need to increase B12 for nerve pain. I ran out and stocked up on the liquid B12 complex and they will test me for a deficiency. OFten that missing pain is increased. good health to you and my prayers Pattiann
Daveloss
on 11/14/07 10:20 am - Frankfort, KY
Throughout my cancer chemo and radio, I've been taking Ro****t liquid which is Oxycodone and acetamenephen(sp). No bad effects on my tummy and it dulls pain. Frankly, it may not be "heavy" enough for your condition, but higher doses may work. I've never felt "high": it's worked wonderfully for me. Since I had my last radio today, I may begin to taper off soon. Prayers, and light your way! Dave
Maria Finan
on 11/14/07 12:07 pm - Richland, WA
Yeah, my WLS doc actually gave us that after our surgery. Good luck!
Pattiann
on 11/16/07 11:06 am - Buffalo, NY
Thank you I will ask the docs about it. We have discussed a fetenayl patch. It is difficult because everything upsets my tummy. My prayers are sent to you. Hopefully the last of radio will be good news. Your on the top of my prayer list, God bless Pattiann
AndreaA
on 11/19/07 2:16 am
Pattiann- If Celebrex still bothers your stomach with Nexium, you probably should try Ultram or Ultracet. It claims to be non-addicting and is milder than the narcotics. If that doesn't work, Vicodin or Roxicet might help. A fentynal patch is actually a great idea. Keep in mind that ANY drug I just mentioned (Xcept Celebrex) can cloud your judgement and reflexes-- Think twice about driving a car after you've taken them. Unfortunately, your options are somewhat limited. I do have a friend who was in a serious car accident and the only thing that helps her is accupuncture-- you can try that? In terms of losing your job-- that is criminal. Isn't it agains the law to fire or lay some one off due to disabilities-- I am so sorry. I am sorry to hear about your trials, but happy to hear from you. Let us know if we can do anything for you. Love, Andrea
Daveloss
on 11/14/07 10:21 am - Frankfort, KY
Sorry: Roxicet Dave
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/08 12:27 am - Kennewick, WA
I can't give you any advice on medications to take, but wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for what you are having to go through, and I'm thinking of you!! Take care and hope this year will be better!! Good luck and best wishes!! Marlize xxx
ElizabethG
on 2/19/08 11:25 am - newark, NJ
Hi Pattiann, Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Also, sorry about your mom. I lost my mom in August 2007, so I know your sadness... WHy can't you take the medication? I don't think you will have a problem with it. El
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 782 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views