Update on me

Tammy E.
on 12/6/07 9:06 am - St. Paul Park, MN
As some of you knew on Nov 28th I was having a hysterectomy. Well I did, but about two hours after the surgery I had a heart attack and needed two pints of blood. I was severely dehydrated. No one know why this all happened either, or they just haven't told me yet but I have so many doctor appointments now I'm sure I'll find out something. I was released from the hospital on Sunday. I'm starting to feel a lot better. My blood count was 6.5 and 7.0 but after two pints of blood its up to 12.2; still not where they want to see it but it's getting there. I now have to starting seeing a cardiologist next week to see what happened and why. They do know it's wasn't serious and it don't look like there is any damage to the heart but they can tell by blood work that there is protein in or around my heart. I don't understand why this happened now, you would think losing 120lbs and in much better health and a lot more active then I ever have been but I guess this was my wake up call. I'm 37 and WAS a smoker, but as of Nov 28 I'm a NON smoker
Debbie M.
on 12/19/07 11:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
Tammy, so sorry to hear about all this! Wow you have been through it. I am proud of you for giving up the smoking. It won't be easy but it will be worth it. Take care of yourself.
AndreaA
on 12/27/07 3:22 am
Tammy- I am glad to here that you are OK. Just remember, you have made so many steps in your life. It's possible that without WLS you may not have had a minor heart attack. Good for you for quitting smoking. As someone who has been diagnosed with heart disease (clogged arteries) since they were 32 (and I was a non-smoker), let me urge you to read up on heart disease as much as you can. It is really important that you take charge of your heart disease as you move forward, and make sure your cardiologist and WL surgeon talk to you (for example, they may want you take Aspirin for your heart, but that in counter for WLS patients, so the physicians and YOU need to be very involved in your health care choices. On the plus, side there is tons of research and new research in this area. Please fee free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns! Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views