Anyone heard an update on Dave?

Debbie M.
on 12/19/07 11:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
Dave if your out there lurking on us, come say hello. You have been in my thoughts and prayers a lot right now. Hope things are better. We do miss you. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas!
Daveloss
on 12/20/07 2:21 am - Frankfort, KY
Debbie: this is long, I was scanned on Monday and should get the word on Friday if the cancer is gone. Either way, I am scheduled for surgery Jan 9 to remove lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. That should be the last of the therapies. I was in the hospital in early Dec. I started passing blood and also bleeding through my feeding tube. They admitted me to the hospital and scoped me. The results showed that I don't have a new ulcer (thank goodness!). They attribute the bleeding to stomach acid at the ulcer site. They didn't want to go in surgically, but preferred to treat it with a medicine that fights stomach acid reflux. My cancer surgeon said that if he needed to operate regarding the ulcer, he'd reverse my bypass as it's located at the stoma. My bariatric surgeon assured me that that's not necessary and to contact his firm if I have further problems. I was pretty "bummed" but now I'm better. I was fitted with Phonak hearing aids last week as the chemo damaged my auditory nerve. The audiologist indicated that the multi-directional microphone feature which focuses in on speech as opposed to other sounds would benefit my problem. She also indicated that my hearing could degrade further and that we'll retest in 3 months. The aids were not cheap- $6000 for the pair. It's amazing realizing what I've missed! EVERYTHING CONTINUES TO TASTE LIKE THE GREAT SALT LAKE and I drain constantly and have to spit continually, so I'm staying in most of the time. I can go out as I've adapted so that folks don't actually see me spitting. This is a result of the radio-therapy, but I'm assured things will get better. I've lost 25 pounds, but I have regained 4. I am alive and the prognosis is quite positive. I am a blessed man, with a great support system, including you wonderful folks. To my July broyhers and sisters: Have the happiest of holidays, Dave
Debbie M.
on 12/20/07 2:43 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Dave! What a warrior you are! Your postive attitude and spirt is so encouraging. May 2008 be the year you are able to put this all behind you. Keeping you in our prayers! Hope your holidays are wonderful! Debbie
AndreaA
on 12/27/07 3:27 am
Dave- Thank you for updating us and keeping us all posted on your recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Have a very Merry Christmas, and I hope 2008 brings you good health and continued happiness. Love, Andrea & Pete
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views