Happy New Year!! Plastic date coming up:((

Pattiann
on 1/4/08 3:45 pm - Buffalo, NY
Hi All- Happy new Year. I know I am the fair weather friend. I wanted to give an update. I will be having a ventral hernia repair- T.T. abdominalplasty with a lil lipo! YIKES- I had my neck surgery plates and screws APRIL 2007 and this is the last thing I wanted to do right now but the hernia is larger and causing a problem.... I have been reading the TT posts - Anyone have any tips on how to conquer post op pains- and what I might expect as far as drains and stuff. I was hoping to have Breast Implant as my 34 D's are sagging and I need to tuck them they are like flat saggy big pancakes...Not sure I can handle the whole ordeal anyone have both done at same time??? Anywhoo will keep you updated... I am a whimp but made it through the RNY and The C-3-6 fusions paltes and baskets and screws.. Hoping the tightening of the abdominal muscles will eventually reduce the back pain from my car accident in 2006... Well other than that- I am trying to eat better and walk as much as I can ...
AndreaA
on 1/9/08 1:10 am
P- I had both done. It is three weeks today, and I am feeling better. I had a TT, and a breast reduction/ lift with a bit of lipo. The breast isn't bad. I am sore, but it is doable. The TT is definitely the harder one-- you use your stomach muscles for everything. I would think twice about the implants-- you may just need a lift. I was a 36D/36DD and now I think I will be a very full 36C, and it looks great! My girls really looked like tube socks filled with sand before and now they are perky and cute (although still black and blue). Note that when you have a TT, the first 10 days are pretty brutal. You walk hunched over like an old lady, so your back will hurt. I started feeling much better and 2.5 weeks. I am still in pain occasionally, but am almost upright. My drains in my boobs came out 2 days post surgery, Then one drain in the stomach came out at 7days, while the last one came out 10 days post surgery. Note you can't take a shower till they are all out, so that is the worst, after the first shower you feel human again. I was on percoset 2 pills every 4-6 hours, then I weaned down to 1 pill every 6 hours, then only before bed, and I am on plain tylenol now. I drank lots of water and tea, slept in the reclining sofa for the first 5 days. I would force myself to walk up and down the hallway in the apartment building, then as I got stronger I would walk around the block. I am still taking the bus (the jostling on the subway scares me), but can walk a good 1/2 mile now (10 city blocks). If my back starts to hurt, I just sit on a fire hydrant for a few seconds. I also recommend you look into buying one of those grabbers from a medical store, because you will not be able to pick up anything that drops on the floor (it is still a challenge for me). I also recommend buying a post-natal girdle, as the binder is very rough and irritated my skin. Finally buy some sports bras without underwires (you can not wear an underwire for 6 months post surgery) so you don't have to stay in the surgical bra. Hope that helps.
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/08 12:47 am - Kennewick, WA
I'm scheduled for LBL, breast lift and lipo for 5/12. Initially I was thinking of doing implants as well, but the dr. says I dont' need it. I have enough breast tissue to lift and still look good regular and perky. Only needed implants if I wanted to go bigger which I don't. I figure when I'm done I'll be a 34B which is fine for me! Let me know how your goes and good luck!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 781 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1129 views