BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Daveloss
on 1/12/08 6:29 am - Frankfort, KY
I had my neck surgery last Wednesday. I'm cancer free!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without wls, my chances would have been very slim: we have ALL made the right choice. Thanks for the prayers, thoughts, ideas, and the group's overall commitment to my health. I'm told that it will take a year to heal and that I should wait for teeth. I'll research why and develop a strategy so that I can enjoy the benefits of chewing sooner rather than later. More later. Dave
Maria Finan
on 1/12/08 6:48 am - Richland, WA
That's great news Dave. Keep us posted on the teeth. Just wondering how the battle with cancer has affected your weight loss. I'm sure the loss of teeth has made it difficult to get in some of the "heavier" proteins like meat. I know that my doc doesn't like us to eat many "soft" foods because they slide through the pouch so much easier so I'm just curious. Maria 272/255/137 pre/goal/current
Daveloss
on 1/12/08 7:39 am - Frankfort, KY
Maria: I use a feeding tube, placed through an operation into my jejunum (bypassing my pouch) for most of my nutrition and hydration. I use a nutrient/protein rich formula called 2 cal. Four cans equals 1800 calories. I'm beginning to take more real food again, but it will take time to wean off the tube. The radio killed my appetite, so I made the right choice pre-therapy to have the feeding tube surgery. I gained 8 pounds eating intensively the month before theatment began. I've lost 29 pounds. Our son, the "bodybuilder" now weighs more than me only it all muscle! Dave
jennifer uzarski
on 1/13/08 4:15 am - linesville, PA
Dave I am so happy to hear your news!!! What an INSPIRATION!! Keep up the Fight!! Love you!! God Bless Jennifer
AndreaA
on 1/16/08 2:19 am
Dave! I am so happy to hear the good news! Congratulations and heal quickly! Lots of love and warm wishes! andrea
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/08 12:31 am - Kennewick, WA
I don't get much on here anymore ... but just had to say that is GREAT news!! I'm really happy for you ... good way to start of the new year!!
Pattiann
on 1/31/08 6:46 pm - Buffalo, NY
That is great news- God bless!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 782 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!