Revision Surgery

Alice Davis
on 5/12/08 11:12 pm - Blooming Grove, TX
Hi July surgery buddies. I just had a revision from an RNY to a vertical gastric sleeve. I had stretched my stoma and pouch and had virtually been in a stall for over a year. I lost about 135 pounds with the first surgery. My surgeon said we will see how I do with this and if necessary will do the DS in six to 8 months. Since I am retiring at the end of this school year and insurance will be questionable after that it will probably not happen. My surgery was last Tuesday and I am down five pounds already so I am thrilled. It is wonderful to have that glorious tight feeling once again. Glad to see some of the old faces are still around. I check everyonce in a while but haven't posted on this site in ages. Glad to see everyone is doing reasonably well.
Linda H.
on 5/15/08 10:10 pm - FERRIS, TX
Good Morning Alice, I'm so glad that you are doing well, how did the surgery go? how did the dr determine you needed this additional surgery?? so I'm so full of questions
Alice Davis
on 5/16/08 12:23 am - Blooming Grove, TX
Hi Linda. The surgery went well. It took four hours though. The doctor did an EGD and determined that I had stretched my stoma and the pouch. Since he knew I had lost 135 and hadn't missed a single support meeting he offered the prospect of the surgery. I was game as long as insurance would cover it....it did. I ended up having to spend two nights in the hospital because I ran a little fever the second day. I really thing it was just a reaction to a pneumonia shot they gave me. I can definitely feel a tightness once again. Basically what the doctor said was they reconnected my stomach to the intestines. Put everything back pre RNY. After that he did the vertical sleeve , decreased the size of my stomach and took away what ever part of the stomach that controls the appetite. I really haven;t been hungry. I ate a little meatloaf last night and definitely got filled up very quickly. I was 248 the day I went in the hospital 266 the day I got home I guess from all the IVs. This morning the scale was down to 239. Hopefully, it will keep going. I would like to get down to at least 180 or lower.
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1004 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 779 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 911 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1127 views