Question about dieting

AlysbluesGA
on 6/23/08 12:02 am
God the dreaded word... the nasty, filty thing most of have done our entire lives have come back to haunt me. In the last year, Ive gained about 20 lbs /cry. So instead of making it 50 or 75 a few more years down the road, I joined a weightloss place ( Beverly Hills Weightloss) to try and shed these dastardly pests before the scale increases anymore. THe problem is , nothing is happening. I exercise atleast 3 days a week at the gym and Im not eating more than 1400 a day, I eat over 100g of protein and less than 30 g of fat... Im not sure what else to do. I am wondering if our last few years in " starvation mode" - where I rarely ate over 800 a day has somehow screwed up my metabolism. What have you guys done to shed any gained pounds. I wish I would have tried to diet at maybe 5 or 10 lbs.... I guess you get in this Skinny mode and think you cant gain anything back....SURPRISE !!!!! Any advise/ help is welcome. Aly
maureen A.
on 6/24/08 12:35 pm - Tamarac, FL
Aly.. sounds to me like you r doing all the right things to lose weight now. You are back to smaller healther meals .. load up on Protein first. Keep moving! No matter what you do just get out and walk your butt off if you have to. You are young and hopeful and thats a good thing.. Because I'm a mean ol' ***** I have to stay thin or die trying.. ( My small attempt at humor) :0.. Just keep a careful watch on calories move to lose. And Aly, follow all the old rules. Don't drink and eat. Wait to drink after meals and food. Eat protein first even if your favorite food or Carb is on that plate. Use a smaller plate.. i.e. smaller portions. EAT AT HOME.. cook for yourself or try. Stock up on the things you need. Low fat yogurt, cheese, chicken, Fish.. easy peel shrimp.. crunchy things like baby carrots whatever works for you. All this helps me stay on track. Wishing you all good things.. peace Mo
Debbie M.
on 6/24/08 2:07 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Aly! I totally agree with everything Mo suggested. Also make sure you are taking your vitamins and drinking tha****er. I am doing exactly what you are now, and it is very tough. But doable. for me, moving is the key. I have a desk job and have started taking my two alloted "smoke breaks" (though I don't smoke) and each time, I just walk out the front door and walk around the parking lot etc just to move. (brought a pair of flip flops to keep in my desk drawer, for the days I wear heels. ) Give it time, and you will see results, not as easy as right after surgery, but we still have the tool. Best wishes! Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/08 6:48 am - Kennewick, WA
Tell me about it ... I lost a few pounds by going low carb and exercising right before my PS surgery. It worked, but I didn't keep it up and although I very often fall into old habits, I keep on trying not too ... thankfully I haven't gained anything but I'm not loosing anything either. There is the protein first, lots of water and portion control rules ... easier said than done I know. Just keep it up (also exercising of course) and I'm sure you will see some results. I can't give much advice since I'm having the same problem, but atleast know that I'm in the same boat as you ... Good luck though!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1004 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 779 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 910 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1127 views