Hello fellow July, '05 folks

Daveloss
on 7/9/08 10:21 am - Frankfort, KY
To all my great July '05 buds : I've been lurking for several months, but I want all to know that I'm doing well, considering... My scans continue clean, but I still use a feeding tube as my esophagal function has been severely damaged by the radio/chemo last fall. I'm down to 186 pounds stripped. I can eat 1,000 calories on a good day and beef and pork are very difficult to digest. I get get 2/3 of my protein through my tube as I sleep. Marge and I went on a celebratory cruise to southern Alaska ports mid- June. It was truly remarkable. The food was glorious, but I could eat only 5 tiny bites of each course and so I left a ton of uneaten food. My general health is quite good. I still have some stamina issues, though I'm good for 3-5 hours of activity. Dave
Linda H.
on 7/14/08 9:27 pm - FERRIS, TX
It's good to hear from you Dave, I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I've been lurking on the board never really posted but sure do miss our July board no one seems to stop by anymore. So just wanted to stop by and say HI!!
Debbie M.
on 7/17/08 1:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Dave! I was just thinking of you the other day and almost put out my "Anyone heard from Dave " alert! I was hoping as we all approach our three year anniversary that some might check in. I am so glad to hear your doing well and a cruise sounds so wonderful right now. Tomorrow is my three year mark, and at the end of the month, if all labs are good, I will be having some much needed plastics to complete this journey we all started together. Hope you have a great rest of the summer, say hi more often when you check in and I'll try and do the same. {{{{HUGS}}}} Debbie
Malibu C
on 8/4/08 11:39 am - Somewhere in, AZ
Dave? Is that you, hun? Wow....I don't know where to start. First of all...Im glad you are still with us! It sounds like it's been a hell of a year! Karma...or the Good Lord...or the white light...or what ever you believe in...must be on your side, Mr. Man! You are remarkable! I have been without a computer for so long, I barely remember how to use this darn thing! How is your son? Malibu
Malibu C
on 8/4/08 11:39 am - Somewhere in, AZ
Dave? Is that you, hun? Wow....I don't know where to start. First of all...Im glad you are still with us! It sounds like it's been a hell of a year! Karma...or the Good Lord...or the white light...or what ever you believe in...must be on your side, Mr. Man! You are remarkable! I have been without a computer for so long, I barely remember how to use this darn thing! How is your son? Malibu
Daveloss
on 8/5/08 6:09 am - Frankfort, KY
Lovely lady: Justin's finishing school next May with a double major in Recombinant Genetics and Chemistry. He plans to start a graduate school at the University of Kentucky the following year. The latest news is that I will probably have the feeding tube in permanently. My esophagial muscles are shot from the chemo/radio. There's a remote chance they will get better. Pray. I feel pretty good, look better, and can still get down!!! Life''s a beach and I'm on it. Dave Obama's on his way!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1004 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 779 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 910 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1127 views