JULY 19, 2005!!!

Tessa S.
on 5/26/05 8:20 am - WA
I FINALLY HAVE MY DATE AFTER ALMOST A YEAR LATER. I CAN'T WAIT. I AM NOW DOING ALL THE PREP. I ORDERED 2 WEEKS OF PROTEIN DRINK SAMPLES SO I CAN FIND THE ONES I LIKE. I ALSO ORDERED 2 SHAKER CUPS FROM TUPPERWARE AND SOME SMALL 2 OZ CUPS WITH LIDS FOR MEALS. I AM HAVING THE LAP-BAND DONE AND AM SO EXCITED!!! ANYONE THAT HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO OR BRING TO HOSPITAL LET ME KNOW. THANKS TESSA SMITH 290
spiritprism
on 5/27/05 5:16 am - Bruceville, TX
Hi Tessa, Congratulations on your date! I just received a new date, after several postponements!!! July the 14th. I am excited to. I am not an expert at what to bring to the hospital, but I will tell you what I am bringing. List of Things: Orajel Dry Mouth Moisturizing gel ( I hear that you get quite dehydrated and your mouth quite dry) Carmex (for the same reason) Intensive Healing Body Lotion (I hear that the skin drys out as well) Toothbrush and Paste I have sleep apnea, so I will bring my CPAP machine. I don't walk well, so I am going to bring my walker and canes. If you have co-morbidities that require some kind of aid, you might consider that. I am not bringing my vitamins. I am assuming they will provide that. I might be wrong. I don't know if they will provide my seizure and narcolepsy medications or not. I'd bring a nice comfy robe. ******I am going to bring at least one or two of my own pillows, and my favorite blanket, so i will feel more at home. If you are Religious, I would bring one strong Religious Book with you. I am a Christian, and I will be bringing my Bible. I hear that postop patients tend to go through emotional swings, and just holding the Bible will help soothe me, if I am too tired to read. Good socks and maybe slippers. Lots of underwear [[I wear pads due to stress incontinence, so I will bring pads]] Your own body soap, if you don't like hospital soap A brush or comb. This always makes me feel better, when I keep my hair brushed. It can get so messed up laying in bed. I have a foot massager. I might just bring that!! I have plantar fascitis & Arthritis, and my feet are in constant pain. Since we are supposed to walk soon after surgery, this might help ease the pain I might experience. I am going to have to have somebody carry all of these things!!! I believe that you should bring something from home that is comforting and familiar (hospitals can feel cold and sterile sometimes, and I like to feel comforted) I feel comforted snuggling up with my pillows and Korean Mink Blanket. I brought it to my sleep apnea test and did great with it. I hate hospital covers. You might want to bring pictures of your family, or silk flowers to cheer the room up. A good book, although I don't know if we will feel like reading. Some ladies like stuffed animals (still at our age - I know I do). I don't know if they would let you bring a CD Player or not, but that is a thought, being able to play soothing music. I used to be a practicing Registered Nurse, and I noticed that people who listened to their favorite music, recovered better. Nobody has mentioned this, but if you are big breasted and wear heavy duty bras, you might want to wear a softer, sleep overnight bra. That might help keep your chest from irritating the surgical incision sites. I don't know. I am guessing. Well, I hope this has helped some. It has actually helped me because this is the first time I have even made a list. I have made a copy, and put it on my desktop, so this was good for me to write this down. I would also call the Nurse in Charge and ask her for suggestions, and you can ask her if they allow what you want to bring on your list. I will be thinking and praying for you, on your surgery date!!! Lisa
calenta23
on 6/3/05 11:22 am - Warren, OH
Hi Tessa..........I just found out today that I was also approved and my date is 7/19/05...I am so excited and scared at the same time. Good luck with your surgery and keep in touch... Shannon
Marty W.
on 6/4/05 9:41 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi Tessa, My surgery date is July 19th also! I'm excited and counting down the days. I am having RNy-distal. It's a revision because I developed a fistula. Hope things go well with your surgery! Marty
MNsister
on 6/6/05 12:03 pm - Up North, MN
Dear Tessa, My date is the 19th as well. I'm trying to get my life organized before I go so I think I'm keeping so busy I don't have time to think too much about it. Good luck to you! Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
So, how's everyone doing?
Cricket- · 3 replies · 1007 views
Happy 7 year !!!!
AlysbluesGA · 0 replies · 782 views
Hello to all of you!
maureen A. · 1 replies · 912 views
I'm getting married!
Tim C. · 4 replies · 1130 views