So . . . what do YOU plan to take to the hospital with you?

Jezia
on 5/18/06 1:00 am - Duncanville, TX
Here is my list . . . Lip balm Mouthwash (they will let you rinse out your mouth before they let you drink) ear plugs small fan Mp3 player (loaded with audiobooks and music) laptop (hospital has internet access, so my friend will have something to do!) baby powder book(s) notebook and pen underwear slippers prescription meds
Mandie
on 5/19/06 2:56 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Make sure and take either an extra pillow or a fovorite stuffed anilmal that is good for hugging! It will help tremendously when coughing! I had my surgery at Barix clinics in Ypsilanti Michigan last July, and they (at least at that time) gave me and other patients a pillow that is green with white writing that has "Barix Clinics" name on it and also says "caring for you as you begin your new life". Trust me, a pillow can do wonders! I was also fortunate to have all the items you listed above as part of the "package" the hospital gives you while your in your room. You may want to check and see if some of these items will be provided for you at the place you are having surgery. Also...if you have sleep apnea...don't forget your CPAP. Oh yes and one more item...something very comfortable and easy to take on and off for the ride home. You won't want to be putting on pants for awhile, so try and find the right lounge wear and be comfy. Good Luck.... Mandie
Jezia
on 5/19/06 3:02 am - Duncanville, TX
Thanks for the advice, Mandie!!! ~scribbles additions to her list~ Jezia
Lurnia Marie I.
on 5/19/06 6:20 am - ALTON, IL
I'm planning on taking most things you listed on you list with the exception of the Mp3 player (loaded with audiobooks and music) and the laptop (don't own these items). I was told by the pre-op nurse to bring my inhaler but not my meds. My God son gave me some big, soft comfortable footies i'm going to take those and maybe a portable DVD player (if I can find one cheap at the pawn shop). Also my CPAP machine. Lurnia
Melissa_S.
on 6/4/06 2:38 pm - Laurel, MS
Lip balm Mouthwash body powder/lotion book notebook and pen underwear slippers prescription meds robe toothbrush,paste deoderant 1 or 2 pair socks (mainly to comfort me ...crazy, but it makes me feel more at ease with socks on during surgeries & childbirth lol) flushable wipes calling card & cell phone The clothes I wear the day of surgery maybe the only ones I bring. They will be worn for only 2 hours at the most. I bought a tank top w/ built in bra to wear under the button up shirt I'll be wearing. Heard its hard to wear a bra after open RNY. Maybe I can wear it. Hate to be seen in public with "the girls" running wild lol. Oh & feminine pads incase the worse happens. Sorry if TMI but I have horrible periods so I tried to schedule surgery between periods. Not sure how that will go since I pretty much skipped my period last month. I did 3 pregnancy tests although I didn't really think that was the problem...all negative. Just for my piece of mind. Usually I have my monthly on the 16 or 18 each month...but nope...couldn't go with the plan last month. Sorry, I'll stop whining. If I think of anymore items, I'll list. I probably won't feel like too much 'fun' stuff. I have to pack my husband some stuff too since he'll be with me for the hospital stay. I'm so excited although I know I'll be in so much pain. Just hope the drugs are good! lol!
Redhaired
on 6/15/06 3:52 am - Mouseville, FL
Jezia- Don't forget a back scratcher. You know one of those things you buy at the dollar store. It looks like a long stick with a moneky paw on the end. I have had surgery before and you can get all itchy from meds and being in bed but being able to reach those itchies is another matter. Red July 13, 2006 Dr. Anthone
Jezia
on 6/15/06 10:24 pm - Duncanville, TX
Just added it to my pile of stuff to pack, thanks Red!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views