Anyone else affraid of being turned down at the last minute?

Melissa_S.
on 6/1/06 11:24 am - Laurel, MS
I've been approved for several months & my surgery date is 7/6/06. I'm just so affraid that insurance will throw me for a loop or the pre op test results won't be what they expect. If they reject me at the last minute I'm going to freak! I have my pre op tests & appt. 6/19 & not sure if I'll feel safe until I hear back from all that. Sorry, I'm going a little psycho here. Gosh, can you believe it's next month???? We will soon all be post ops I hope!
Sariah B.
on 6/1/06 1:08 pm - Santa Clara, CA
Im totally feeling you Melissa. My surgeons office actually wont put my referral through until 6wks prior to my surgery date (7/24/06) so Im stressed just wondering how much work it will be getting it approved 5more weeks for you girl! It is definitely normal to be nervous about all of the pre stuff we have to do and the fact that ins co's are not always on our side, concern is definitely warranted, but girl think POSITIVE, think about the fact that you are going to be a loser in 5 WEEKS!! It will all flow easily and you'll be so surprised. Let me know if you need to vent some more, Im all ears. Sariah
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/8/06 1:07 am - ALTON, IL
I know what you mean. I was told that I have to lose a total of 41 pounds before the surgeon will do the proceedure. I'm scheduled to have surgery in 28 days and still need to lose 25 more pounds. I'm petrified that I won't be able to do it. Lurnia
DESNANA2
on 6/9/06 2:10 pm - tucson, AZ
I had a date for 04/17/6 and was turned down a week before. I was crushed, but decide not to freak out and hung in there because I had invested over a year into this. I sent 1 appeal letter to my insurance and was approved in two weeks. Don't get crazy now, everything will work out. You wouldn't have gotten this far if you weren't ready for it. I'm sur you'll be just fine and on your way to a new life in no time.Just keep the faith. Good luck. Katrhi P.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views