Another July baby!!

lovey063
on 6/6/06 11:37 am - Bowie, MD
Hi all, Yes, I'm right around the corner from my date of 7/6/06 and I can hardly believe it!!!There was a cancellation and I got that slot which, when they told me, was 1 1//2 months away!! I now feel like I have a bazillion things to do and the date is quickly approaching! I researched and read about this surgery for about 2 years, you'd think I'd be prepared by now. Maybe it's just nervous energy that is making me feel so up against the wall. While I'm quietly excited, I'm also scared to death that I won't be able to eat the "right" way for the rest of my life. Maybe I'll just take that one moment at a time instead of thinking about a lifetime, which is so overwhelming!!! Anyhow, just wanted to check in on this forum, say "Hi" and commiserate. Hope you all are in a good place about your upcoming surgery and at peace with it. Take care, Sue PS: Where are we having our one year celebration of this healthy, active life we've chosen!?!
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/8/06 5:17 am - ALTON, IL
Congrats on your date. You name the place for the celebration and I will be there. Lurnia
lovey063
on 6/8/06 11:33 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Lurnia, Thanks! Sounds like, from your profile, that you're really on your way to this new lifestyle!! Having to do the liquid diet now will really put you in a good place for after surgery, you'll have already been doing it for a while - good for you! Hang in there, your "Independence Day" is almost here! Take care, Sue
Jezia
on 6/8/06 7:10 am - Duncanville, TX
My guess is that we are ALL a little bit crazy just about now! Worry about getting everything done, anxiety about the surgery itself, worry that we will be THE ONE this does not work for, all that good stuff Congratulations on your upcoming surgery date, Sue, you will do GREAT!!! Jezia
lovey063
on 6/8/06 11:53 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Jezia, Isn't it nice that we have a forum just for us July pre-ops, that way the crazy we're experiencing is recognized by all the other crazies that are going through the same thing!!! Thanks for the well wishes and right back at cha I hope you're right about the doing great part, it sure will be a whole new world opening up to us as a result. Good Luck with your preparations and know: a little crazy is good, at least you'll have lots of company huh!?! Take care, Sue
Jezia
on 6/12/06 4:15 am - Duncanville, TX
Believe me, I am SO grateful for the company on this crazy ride!!! Jezia
Chyanne2u
on 6/8/06 10:41 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Sue, I don't think any of us would be totally normal if we didn't have our own set of worries about going through with something as serious as WLS. I too have researched and also waited long enough for this to happen. Once I decided to go through with it.....it was a year later that I got word that I was approved. The wait has been worth it though. I am in a better frame of mind now than I would have been if I had the surgery a year ago. As for the nervous energy, I am feeling that too. I am thinking I have so much to do before I go in for surgery, such as clean out the closets, out from under the beds, I want to know all the laundry is done up, and all the shopping is finished. I want to make sure I got everything I need while at the hospital and everything I will need when I get home. You would think that there isn't another living soul in my home that can do anything but me. LOL Guess it's the nervous energy. Kinda like nesting when you are pregnant. Honestly I think it's a "Woman Thing" because I have never seen any guys go through this. I too worry about whether I will be able to do this. From all that I've gathered, you body forces you to follow direction. I know I don't like to throw up so anything that I do that causes that......I will not do again. Everyone says this is a tool you are given to use. If you don't abuse it and use it as directed you will do fine. The one thing you have to always remember is that the doctor does surgery on your stomach....not your brain. So feed your stomach and not your head. Head hunger is something most of us will always have to deal with. It has been suggested that therapy for that is most helpful. Not that everyone gets it. Just do what you feel is right for you. Stay in touch and let's go through this together. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Lots of Love Kathy-24 days & counting till surgery
lovey063
on 6/8/06 12:39 pm - Bowie, MD
Hi Kathy, Whoa on that "clean out the closets and under the beds" thing!!!! That's a little too ambitious for me!!! I have a 2 1/2 year old, a very active, imaginative 2 yr old, that lately has a thing for couch cushions. So after we (I ask him to pick them up but we both really end up doing the job) pick up about 20-30 cushions a day (the same 6 cushions only multiple times!) I just close those closets, ignore what's under the beds and don't give them another thought! LOL Before I had children I didn't know what a luxury it was to do a chore only once!! The therapy suggestion is a good one, one I'm doing now. I figure there has got to be something wrong with my coping skills since I got to this unhealthy weight, so I need help finding new ways to do things, new ways to look at things! For instance...It's not, "I'll only be able to eat a little bit", instead it's, "I'll be able to eat enough to be healthy now". Little ways to think differently, sort of a positive spin on the old, more negative thoughts. It has helped. Good luck with all your nesting and preparations. I wish you the best also as you start your new life. Take care, Sue
Christina R.
on 6/8/06 11:16 am - Reston, VA
Sue! Congrats on your date! I too have some nervous energy, but my hubby and I are moving about 3 weeks before my surgery, so I have a major distraction! I'm putting all my excess energy into packing and worrying about how I'm going to unpack it all before my family gets into town...1 week before my surgery! Ahhh....the stress....maybe I'll lose some weight pre-surgery from all of it! Christina S
lovey063
on 6/8/06 12:58 pm - Bowie, MD
Hi Christina, Thanks and yikes, you do have a lot going on to take your mind off any calendar watching!! Have a moving in party with what's left to unpack when your family gets in town! Will any of them be able to stay for a little while after your surgery to help out? Well, congrats on your surgery, new home and the new life that awaits you too! Keep in touch. Take care, Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views