July 5th!!! :-)

sondz2006
on 6/10/06 9:02 am - Pueblo, CO
YAY i'm so happy i have a date!! Since this is my first post i'll tell everyone a little about me!! i'm about to turn 18 on June 19th, i think i'm the third or fourth teenager to have gastric bypass that my surgeons office has done. Anyways i just had to announce my date and how excited i am!! Sondra
Chyanne2u
on 6/10/06 2:05 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Sondra, Congrats on your sugery date. You are right behind me. I go in on the 3rd. There are a lot of differences between us. Age for one.....I am 51 and only wish I had the opportunity to do this years ago. You are going to do fine with being so young. I am sure it's going to be a definite change for you. A year from now you will not recognize the person you are. Just keep notes, take pictures and don't forget to take all your measurements. They say, (they as most people on the board) that when you reach a point where you're not lossing lbs any longer, it's good to measure and see that you are lossing inches. Another important thing is take as in drink your protein drinks first thing in the morning. It's supposed to get your metabolism kicking. I wish you all the best and stay in touch and lets compare notes from time to time. Lots of Love Kathy-22 days & counting
DESNANA2
on 6/10/06 2:31 pm - tucson, AZ
I'm so happy for you Sondra that your doing this at such a young age. What a ride you are about to take. Just stay strong and ask for help when needed. You will totally be in my prays and thoughts. I can't wait to hear your story after surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and safe surgery. 25 days and counting for you. I go on July 18 th. May angels watch over you every day of the rest of your life. Kathi P.
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/12/06 12:55 am - ALTON, IL
Congrats! We have the same day!
crispycritter
on 6/12/06 1:29 am - Rossville, GA
Congrats Sondra!!!!!!! Happy early birthday also. I wish you the best of luck. I'm so happy for you that you are going to have this surgery now. You will be in my prayers on the 5th. I too am excited and can't wait, my surgery is July 11th. My birthday is July 5th, so I feel blessed that I will celebrate my birthday and my new life day with in days of each other. I feel that I have so much to do and so little time to do it in. I'm still struggling with losing about 15 pounds or so that the doctor wants me to lose. I see him again on July 6th, so I have about 3 1/2 weeks till then. I think I'm going to start doing protein drinks only. I have been walking everyday if my knees permit to. If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way. I would appreciate them. Take care Sondra. Chris
Wendy S.
on 6/12/06 3:27 am - Erath, LA
Congratulations!!!! I too will have the surgery on July 5th in Lafayette. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, scared, but READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go second on the list so my surgery will not be until about noon..................... WHAT A LONG MORNING THAT WILL BE.
Jezia
on 6/12/06 4:10 am - Duncanville, TX
Sondra, that is WONDERFUL !!!!! I am SO glad you are getting the opportunity to do this now, it will make a HUGE difference in your life. Like Chris, mine is July 11th, and I can't wait . . . Keep us updated about how you are doing, ok? Hugs, Jezia
betharoony
on 6/12/06 3:11 pm - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
RNY on 07/12/06 with
Congrats Sondra! I just recently turned 24 and am having my surgery on July 12th. I know I am a bit older than you, but you are the first person I sort of connect w/ since you are not married and don't have kids (at least I am assuming...sorry if I am wrong ) Anyway, I am really happy for you! Let's keep in touch Bethany
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views