Concerns

crispycritter
on 6/15/06 12:42 am - Rossville, GA
Hi everyone. I'm Chris from Georiga, my surgery is scheduled for July 11th. Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to lose the last few that I'm supposed to lose before surgery. Should I go to drinking liquids only from here on out? I don't want to get the doctors office and be told that he won't do the surgery if I have gained any. I have lost about 5 pounds, but the bad thing is that I will be PMS'ing around the time of surgery, so I'm sure I will have some weight gain from that. I have been trying to walk every day but both of my knees are bad so some days it just doesn't work. I haven't been stressing or freaking about the surgery, I'm looking forward to it. Its these other things that are really making me worry. I appreciate any and all suggestions. Take care everyone!! Chris
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/15/06 12:50 am - ALTON, IL
My doctor has me on a high protein liquid diet. It works really well for me. I have to drink a min of 5 drinks a day and plenty of water. I can also have sf jello or sf popciciles. I like the Atkins Advantage and the fit for life the best. Good look! Lurnia
crispycritter
on 6/15/06 3:56 am - Rossville, GA
Thanks Lurnia!! I appreicate it. Good luck with you surgery.
BradysMom
on 6/15/06 6:57 am - On the Beach, CT
Hi Chris! We have the same date- what a great day that'll be!!! My dr. has me starting a low fat, low carb and high protien diet 2 weeks prior, then all liquids (clear) the 48 hours prior. Your dr. should have given you some guidelines- have you done your pre-op visit yet? They might review it then if you haven't had your appointment. My dr. stressed that it's important to get the liver as small as we can in those 2 weeks pre-op since that is a big organ, and when he does it lap. the tools only have so much room in there to maneuver. If you're having an open surgery, that might not be an issue since they just move things out of the way. Lisa
crispycritter
on 6/15/06 11:00 pm - Rossville, GA
Hi Lisa, I agree with you completely. That will be a great day!! My first visit with the doctor was about a month and a half ago. He did stress to eat high protein foods and to do the liquid a few days before. I'm just stressing I guess. Thanks for the help. Chris
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/15/06 8:38 am - Windsor, Canada
I have lost about 2-3 lbs a week since May buy just having 3 fairly healthy meals a day and walking for 30 minutes a night. Example: cereal + milk and coffee for breakfast. Lunch: a sandwich or soup + ff pudding (or yogurt) +fruit. Dinner: chicken + mash potato/baked potato + vegetables. IF I get any hungrier than I only will have fruit or veggies for snacks. Dawn
crispycritter
on 6/15/06 11:09 pm - Rossville, GA
Thanks for the tips Dawn I appreciate it. I guess I need to just walk longer and more often. I have been doing about 20 minutes every night and taking the stairs at work several times a day. I did order a few exercise dvd's last night that I couldn't find in the stores. Chris
Jandell
on 6/16/06 7:06 am - Glendora, CA
My Dr sounds like Lisa's in that he stresses my liver needs to be as amall as possible, soI'll be on the same program she is ... protein shakes and liquid diet 2 weeks before, clear liquids only 2 days before surgery. I was told that ISO pure drinks are really good for after surgery. 40 grams of protein in each bottle. Jan
crispycritter
on 6/16/06 1:22 pm - Rossville, GA
Hi Jan, My nut. agrees about the ISO. I have to have one a day after surgery for a couple of days. She also said since they don't really taste to good that I could add Crystal light or something similiar. I'm not too big on Crystal light, but I do love their fruit punch flavor. So hopefully I can mix that into one of them and it won't taste too weird. Thanks for the help. Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views