3 wks from today for us 7/6 guys

Melissa_S.
on 6/15/06 8:50 am - Laurel, MS
I'm so excited! Can't believe its so close. I started working a couple weeks ago on getting somethings packed for the hospital stay. Then I had strep throat last week & didn't do anything...now I'm thinking about adding some more stuff to the suitcase. My preop appt. is Monday & then I'll go shopping for some of the things I'll need post op. Still have a filthy cluttered house that I need to clean from from top to bottom. SO lots to do here.
Rebecca Canty
on 6/15/06 2:29 pm - Butler, NJ
what are u packing to go with u to the hospital?
Melissa_S.
on 6/16/06 4:35 am - Laurel, MS
Here's what I have on my list so far. You can also look here http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/07-2006/postdetail/35.html?vc=0 to see what other people have said they are taking. I usually end up with more than I need but atleast I'll have it. Lip balm Mouthwash body powder/lotion book notebook and pen underwear slippers prescription meds robe toothbrush,paste shampoo/conditioner deoderant 1 or 2 pair socks (mainly to comfort me ...crazy, but it makes me feel more at ease with socks on during surgeries & childbirth lol) flushable wipes calling card & cell phone hairbrush & ponytail holders The clothes I wear the day of surgery maybe the only ones I bring. They will be worn for only 2 hours at the most. I bought a tank top w/ built in bra to wear under the button up shirt I'll be wearing. Heard its hard to wear a bra after open RNY. Maybe I can wear it. Hate to be seen in public with "the girls" running wild lol. Oh & feminine pads incase the worse happens. Sorry if TMI but I have horrible periods so I tried to schedule surgery between periods. Not sure how that will go since I pretty much skipped my period last month. I did 3 pregnancy tests although I didn't really think that was the problem...all negative. Just for my piece of mind. Usually I have my monthly on the 16 or 18 each month...but nope...couldn't go with the plan last month. Sorry, I'll stop whining. If I think of anymore items, I'll list. I probably won't feel like too much 'fun' stuff. I have to pack my husband some stuff too since he'll be with me for the hospital stay. I'm so excited although I know I'll be in so much pain. Just hope the drugs are good! lol!
nuevosueno
on 6/17/06 4:15 pm - Over the Rainbow, KS
A list! Thank you thank you thank you!
Rebecca Canty
on 6/16/06 4:41 am - Butler, NJ
I heard alot of women of course only we get it, get their period after surgery, so I know to bring that stuff, I am bringing a book, music and some knitting to the hospital also to keep myself entertained u can talk to me anytime email me or I also have aim beckybrneyedgal and yahoo bodydrop_2003 ttyl
lovey063
on 6/17/06 9:25 am - Bowie, MD
Three weeks...I can't believe it! I've started getting different protein samples, vitamins, iron, calcium, etc together. I had a little panic moment when I tried one of the chewable multivitamins and gagged!! I thought "oh my God what have I gotten myself into, there is no way I can do this for weeks after surgery!!!!". Then I went out shopping and also tried a bunch of sample vitamins I've been collecting from support group meetings and the nutritionist. Whew, I did find a children's chewable that was doable. I thought if it's marketed for kids I'd have a good chance at liking it! That's the kind of stuff I'm concentrating on right now but I better think about packing too, huh!?! I can't go anywhere overnight without my pillows, so that will be the first thing on the list. Chapstick, I've heard a lot of people say don't forget that. I also purchased a battery powered fan for the hospital- it is always so hot to me in hospitals. So those are the things at the top of my list. I'm sure I'll think of a few more "Must Haves" before the big day. But it is a good idea to start thinking about that stuff. Good Luck, Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views