21 Days and I am getting scared

nuevosueno
on 6/17/06 4:05 pm - Over the Rainbow, KS
Hi Everyone I am getting very scared and what is scarier is that I wasn't before. My date is July 10th. I have started to think the "what if's" The thing is, I know what will be if I remain unhealthy. Does anyone else feel or have you felt this way? I am Hoping for a successful, safe surgery for all.
sondz2006
on 6/17/06 4:40 pm - Pueblo, CO
I feel the same way!! i've been thinking about what could go wrong but i'm sure you will be fine!! i think the pro's out weigh the cons!! Sondra
nuevosueno
on 6/18/06 6:07 am - Over the Rainbow, KS
Thanks kiddo! I am going to Penrose too, how cool is that? Who is your doctor? Mine is Dr. Fisher. I agree the pro's outweigh the cons. I think I just freaked myself out reading the Memorial Page, i don't think I am going to go back there at least til after WLS.
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/18/06 1:37 am - Windsor, Canada
It is completely normal. It is the great big fear of the "Unknown". All the "what if's" pop through your head...what if i regret it? What if I have complications? etc... We have to just have faith in ourself, or God or whatever, that things will be okay. *hugs* Dawn
nuevosueno
on 6/18/06 6:12 am - Over the Rainbow, KS
Thank you Dawn. I am not really afraid of the life change, I wasn't always over weight so I sort of know what to expect physiologically, and mentally.I am also not afraid of dying, although I hope I don't. I just know all my affairs aren't in order just in case something happens to me in the OR. I worry about my familly, you know? I want to try to take out some affordable life insurance before I go, I am going to look into that monday. Thanks for the hugs!
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/06 7:40 am - Wartburg, TN
Just wanted to say I love your pic! Made me smile
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/19/06 1:17 am - ALTON, IL
I refuse to go to the memorial page. The reality of a major sugery like this one is a reason for concern. Just hold on to the fact that you've done your research and you know the pros and the cons. I keep telling myself that I will not have much of a quality of life in a few years if I keep going the way I'm going. I'm 15 days away and am kind of getting panicky because I have so much to do and so little time to do it. Lurnia
glojean
on 6/19/06 5:42 am - Merrittstown, PA
Hi, I just want you to know your not alone. I just got called and my mind is racing. My date is July 31,2006. I'm just going to put my faith in God and go for it. My quality of life in a few years won't be much without the surgery. I wish you a safe and successful surgery. Glojean
Jezia
on 6/19/06 7:56 am - Duncanville, TX
I have been told that it is a good idea to avoid the memorial page and any forums on WLS complications for at least a month before surgery. We are all nervous enough, we don't need to add to it! We are doing this so that we can HAVE lives! This weekend I went to brunch with some friends, and the aisles in the restaurant were VERY narrow. I kept thinking, "I can't WAIT until I don't have to worry that I'll knock somebody's food on the floor with my big rear end just walking by!" Sounds silly, but it is a good motivator. Jezia
Noahsarksd
on 6/19/06 11:38 am - Rapid City, SD
My surgery is July 17th. Tomorrow I have my nut class and the next day I have endoscopy, colonoscopy, chest Xray, labs and EKG. I am very nervous just about these tests. I was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer. I had cancer surgery and chemo. I had so many life threatening complications that I only made it 1/3 of the way through chemo treatments. My health has been good for the last 2 1/2 years, but because every thing they did to me I developed bad complications. Now I am almost expecting complications. After all I've been through, you would think this would be a breeze.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 918 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views