Oh So Disappointed!

hopex2
on 6/30/06 3:05 am - Coloma, MI
I just got a call from Barix Clinic. They wanted to move my date from 7/24/06 to 8/01/06. I very wanted to say "NO Way!" However, the lady explained to me that it was because another person needed to get the surgery done before 8/1/06. The company that the person worked for was changing insurance policies on 8/1/06. If the person did not get the surgery done before 7/31/06, she would never be able to have the surgery. The new insurance policy would not cover the surgery. Of course after hearing the story what was I to do. I agreed to change my date. It is only a week-right? I was just so ready. I had arrangement everything with my work etc. I guess I have done my good deed for the week, but I still so so disappointed!
Jezia
on 6/30/06 4:16 am - Duncanville, TX
Awww, I am sorry, Heidi!!! ~hugs~
Mr. Jim P.
on 6/30/06 6:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow. That was very considerate of you. Me, I had my surgery date moved twice, and almost a third time today. First time, they bumped me two days (May 17th to the 19th). Then on the 19th, the anesthesiologist botched the intubation and I had to spend 3 days in ICU because of the damage he did. So, I'll be on July 5th. They almost canceled the third time today because of a paperwork screw-up on behalf of another doctor. I about spit bloody nails. I think if I had received the call you received today and they wanted to move me because someone else had to have it on my date, I would have probably told them to find someone else to bump. Not very nice or Christian of me, I know, but hey, I've been waiting for this a long time. Anyway, hat tip to you, Heidi.
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/30/06 12:02 pm - Windsor, Canada
That's very thoughtful of you to squeeze that person in!! You'll have extra guardian angels when you go for surgery! I'm next week already. Trust me the ending just flies by! dawn
Cathleen C.
on 6/30/06 1:55 pm - Fair Lawn, NJ
Lap Band on 07/07/06 with
You were very kind to move your date. I am sure the other person is most grateful. I know I would be sending you tons of thanks. Cathy
Chyanne2u
on 6/30/06 2:44 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Heidi, I know you are disappointed, as any of us would be but you have to look at it this way. I am sure if you were in the other person's shoes you would want them to do the same for you. God will richly bless you for your wait. Remember that all things happen in HIS time, not ours. I say this from experience. Lots of Love Kathy-2 days & counting
hopex2
on 6/30/06 11:18 pm - Coloma, MI
Thanks everyone! I am feeling better today. I am just looking at it is another week to get the millions of things done that I need to. I wish everyone a speedy recovery and I will be sending at prayers each and every night for all of you July babies. Take Care- Heidi
Redhaired
on 7/2/06 6:55 am - Mouseville, FL
Heidi- That was a very nice thing that you did. I hope that your surgery goes well and that you have an easy recovery. Red
FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 7/4/06 1:41 am - Altoona, IA
Hi Heidi, Praises be to GOD and prayers going up, that you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. I pray that the tool that you are given works out just for you and with the success that you have prayed for. And I would have done the same thing, but it could have been you asking for the favor and possibly never got the surgery. You did great Stay Blessed......Nissah 360/313/???/180 12 days and counting....
Sariah B.
on 7/4/06 6:16 am - Santa Clara, CA
The sacrifice you made will only make you stronger, you have given freely to a stranger, but one that is in your same situation and you will reap the benefits whether it be today or 20yrs from now. Your surgery could have been rescheduled for any number of reasons, but you had a choice in this and you chose to act from kindness and that shows what kind of person you are. Thank you for your inspirational story.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 918 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1012 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views