9th month stall anyone?

Mojodiva
on 4/21/07 2:17 am - FPO, Japan
I'm very happy to say I have lost 80 pounds in the last 9 months. Thrilled beyond belief. I was considered a 'lightweight' when I had surgery (4'11.5" 240 pounds). My doctor's goal for me was 119 pounds-- mine is 115. I am now sitting at 159 pounds (YAY) but I have been sitting between 159-164 since April 1st! I am hoping to see my goal January 1st, 2008, which gives me 8 months to lose 44 pounds. I think I can do it. Did anyone else hit a 9 month stall? I know I am not taking in enough calories to gain or maintain this weigh-- so I am just wondering if its my body taking a much needed break before starting the process again. I'll probably post this onthe Lightweight board as well. Guess I just want to know I am not alone in my frustration.
Lindaanne
on 4/21/07 11:08 pm - SSP, MN
I slowed way down in month seven and eight and now Im back to losing really fast again. Two a week. The thing that got me going was eating more protien. I wasnt eating enough. So I bought these little steaks and have two a day and whamo..kicked it back in. Good luck and congrats on the weight you have lost so far!
Christina R.
on 4/21/07 11:40 pm - Reston, VA
I slowed down within the last month or so as well. I'm still losing, but don't think I've found my sweet spot w/protein, water and exercise. I had gallbladder surgery at the beginning of the month...I think that slowed me down some too. Best to you...you're doing great and you CAN reach your goal! Christina S
Peggy G.
on 5/1/07 7:34 am - Cedar City, UT
Yes. Sitting almost still ... bouncing 4 lbs. on and off for a whole month. Lost 150 before the 9 mos. mark and now...silence. I'm down and dirty tracking food and water and exercise!! Do you think it's a 9month thing?
Mojodiva
on 5/1/07 7:42 am - FPO, Japan
I'm thinking it is.... our body just needs time to catch up. I weighed in a couple pounds heavier than last month's weighin, but I lost another 5 inches overall. I will take it!
~~~ Triple C. ~.
on 5/1/07 1:37 pm - windy city native living -n-, MO
Hi Fellow Julyer's I thought it was just me with my weight bouncing/stalling. I told myself that there was no way I could complain as I know I've come way to far and have accomplished way to much in such a short time to even utter a word of complaining. So I figured it was just time for my body to do what it will do and I will continue to be compliant and all else should work out. I too am working on a good spot for protein and exercise so I plan to watch those things closely. I'm very happy to know that I am not alone though. We will get through this, I KNOW we will. ~~~T C.~~~
dec84
on 5/4/07 6:10 am - Louisville, KY
I started stalling around my 7th month. I figured out my water and protein intake wasn't sufficient, so I bumped it up. I started using different vitamins and a new energy drink. I also changed my protein shake to something I could actually stomach. In the last two months, I've dropped around 10lbs. I started at 236 6/26/06 and today I am a proud 138. It will start coming off again, just give it time!
~~~ Triple C. ~.
on 5/4/07 11:12 am - windy city native living -n-, MO
Hi Darla, You are doing great and it sounds like you have found a way to kick start your loss again. You should be very proud of your 138, I'd be dancin in the streets . Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your vices with us!
ccstann
on 5/16/07 4:37 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
RNY on 07/27/06 with
Oh yes, 9th month stall..... I haven't lose anything for 2months now. I started an exercise program at the YMCA. Hadn't done any excercise other that walking my dogs so I am hoping this will help. I still don't eat much, but I eat some bad things. Trying so hard to give them up, again. I have lost 63 since surgery, 83 since starting this journey. I still need to lose about 50 lbs to get to a normal BMI. I want this so much. I did gaing 5 lbs back but have stalled there thank goodness. I am at 183lbs and staying it seems. I think I was this weight for a long time many many years ago, so I think that is why I am stalling at it. I sure hope so. I go for my 10th month in two weeks and sure would like to at least get back to where I was, 178lbs before the DR's apt. Maybe they will have some suggestions. I found a platau breaker diet but I haven't done it yet. I may do a two week liquid (protein) to see if I can shake it up. But I want to give the exercise program (personal trainer) time to work as well. The personal trainer wants me eating so I will have to wait for the liquid diet. Any suggestions to shake it up from all of you Julyer's or others?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views