Friday Five - Weekly Update!

Amber B.
on 4/27/07 12:44 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Ladies & Gents, I hope to see more participation this week. I really need some motivation right about now. I gained this week and its my own fault. I know that I'll knock it right back off this next week, but it still sucks! I need motivation! 1. What types of food did you eat this week? 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 4. What was your biggest challenge? 5. We've all pretty much reached 9 months by now, how are you at your goals? Are you where you are supposed to be? *Fun bonus question: What is your favorite room in your home? Why? What color are the walls?
MissCrystal
on 4/27/07 2:33 am - Brea, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Chicken Fajita Pita (Jack in the Box), Chicken with a creamy tomato sauce, teryaki chicken with sauteed mushrooms/onions/broccoli, Chicken with hot garlic sauce (chinese), reduced fat peanut butter/sugar free jelly sandwiches, LOTS of veggies/fruit .... BUT I have been bad... lots of carbs - pretzels, reduced fat cheez-its 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? I have jogged 3-4x so far. I did good this week!! 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? I actually GAINED 2-3lbs!!! That puts me at 158, so total loss is 117 since my highest, and 104 since surgery. Anyone else experiencing plateaus/gain? 4. What was your biggest challenge? The factors that caused my weight gain are interrelated... 1. I'm about to start my period (that's always been good for an extra 4-5 lbs) and that in turn caused 2. Craving carbs and calories in general!! I had about 3 days and I just carbbed out but I'm back on track now. 3. We had a very emotional week at school with the program "Every 15 minutes" that simulated the death of students from alcohol-related car accidents... very emotional, only to be intensified by my time of the month! I'm a little worried because I am starting birth control and they always say there's weight gain with that so we'll see. 5. We've all pretty much reached 9 months by now, how are you at your goals? Are you where you are supposed to be? I guess I didn't really have "set" goals but I am happy where I am at. I'd really like to break through into the 140s but that's been hard. I think my final goal is 140-145 so I'm getting close. I finally broke into the 150s and am happy about that but I have to work a lot harder now. So, I'm 9 months out, have lost 104 lbs since surgery and am at 158 and am in a size 6/8. Am I where I'm supposed to be??? *Fun bonus question: What is your favorite room in your home? Why? What color are the walls? I think my favorite room is my living room because it's where I can just kick back, relax, watch TV, listen to music, play with my puppy, etc. It's very peaceful. The walls are like a cream color or something.
Mariah
on 4/27/07 3:55 am - Richmond, IN
1. What types of food did you eat this week? I had meatloaf, turkey, chicken, sweet potato, chili, cheese, pumpkin and cheese crackers by Dr. Cracker...I get at a health food store and I put swiss cheese on them. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? stationary bike 4 times for 1 hr 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? lost 4 lbs this past week. 164 total 4. What was your biggest challenge? taking all the vitamins. I get tired of pill popping 5. We've all pretty much reached 9 months by now, how are you at your goals? Are you where you are supposed to be? Im 20 lbs ahead of where my drs computer model put me at but I still have 80 lbs to lose to be at my goal. I should be there in 9 more months. I started out at 400 lbs so I had a long road ahead of me. I am so thrilled with my progress so far. *Fun bonus question: What is your favorite room in your home? Why? What color are the walls? My favorite room is our living room. It was green but we just changed it to yellow. I love color. We just bought a new house and we are going to make our living room there Orange and brown.
pryncess_becky
on 4/27/07 6:04 am - SOMEWHERE IN, IL
1. What types of food did you eat this week? I had chicken, broc., carrots, green beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, peanuts, more chicken...lol 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? None, other than walking up and down the stairs at work...my dr won't release me to workout since I had the car accident. 3. How much weight did you lose? +3 Total loss? 76 (very slow loser) 4. What was your biggest challenge? Not being able to work out, and stress, and not having the appetite to eat, (my mother in law had wls and has been in ICU ever since...and my dad had a mild heart attack.) 5. We've all pretty much reached 9 months by now, how are you at your goals? Are you where you are supposed to be? I still have 60 - 70 lbs to go before I am at my goal of 170-180. *Fun bonus question: What is your favorite room in your home? Why? What color are the walls? I would have to say my living room, that is where we watch tv, play games and goof off with the kids, kick back and relax. The walls are eggshell (off white color).
sniffles4
on 4/27/07 8:47 am - Southern, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? >>protein powder smoothie, beef jerky, cottage cheese, steak, pork chop, salmon, deli meat slices 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? >>combo yoga/pilates/strength training class 2x week (I really like this class!), brisk walking with ankle weights, exercise video, hip hop dance class 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? >>down 4 lbs this week. Total loss 109 lbs. 4. What was your biggest challenge? >>staying aways from sweets. I was counting on dumping on sweets after WLS. I wanted that to control my behavior so I wouldn't have to. But no suck luck - I don't dump on sugar! So, I will have to work that much harder. I have gotten control over myself recently and cut out the 2 bite size candy pieces per day. I haven't had any sweets/candy in 2 weeks. 5. We've all pretty much reached 9 months by now, how are you at your goals? Are you where you are supposed to be? >>For the most part, yes. My birthday is 5/31 and my 1st son graduates from high school on 6/7 and I will be well over 100 lost by then. I finally went shopping for dresses for these occassions coming up (I am missing a shopping gene or something, so shopping is a really hard for me) and was very surprised that I fit into a size 14. I had no idea! I bought 3 beautiful and SEXY little black dresses as well and a flowy spring dress for my son's graduation. Shopping is hard work - and I didn't even get shoes yet, LOL.
Maryellen R.
on 4/27/07 10:28 am - Sayville, NY
1. pulled pork (yummy) ,steak, chicken salad, tuna salad, lots and lots of cheese and cracker,oranges,pineapple chunks, a banana every day, mixed nuts, escarole and beans, broccoli rabe, chinese food 2. I went to the gym 3x times this week. 3. I stood the same -100lbs total, not complaining at all. 4. Big challenge,, the chinese buffet i went to yesterday for my nephews confirmation party! 5. My goal would be to lose another 10 pounds (preferably from my thighs and calves) My favorite room is my kitchen...the color is ivory.
Christina R.
on 4/30/07 2:19 am - Reston, VA
Just now getting around to responding.... 1. What types of food did you eat this week? chicken, steak, bean burritos, almonds, crab, asparagus, salads, had a chai...yummm 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? This was my last week of "light duty"...I'm going to be back on track starting today. Went to the National's baseball game yesterday and had to walk to and from metro (good walk). 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? Total I'm at 127/130...my body can't decide yet. 4. What was your biggest challenge? Carb cravings! UGH! I tend to want to snack when I study...and of course, carbs scream at me for snacking! 5. We've all pretty much reached 9 months by now, how are you at your goals? Are you where you are supposed to be? I'm not sure where I'm "supposed" to be, but I have about 90ish pounds to go according to my surgeon. I think if I exercised more consistently I'd do better. *Fun bonus question: What is your favorite room in your home? Why? What color are the walls? My favorite room in the house is our "library." It's our extra room where we have our bookshelves and a comfy recliner. The walls are a spring green color. This is the room I go into when I want to just have some time alone and relax....probably why I like it so much! Someday (next year?) we're hoping to make it a nursery (if all continues to improve w/us).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views