I'm back!

Jandell
on 5/3/07 2:15 am - Glendora, CA
We got in Tuesday night from vacation ... had a wonderful time! Ireland was beautiful, as green as you always hear about. The Irish people we're wonderful as we're all the people in our tour group. The food ... well it was OK in my book, nothing all that special unless you like cream soups and potatoes (I stayed away from both). I did things I could have never done a year and almost 160 pounds ago, it made the trip much more fun. We walked so much, and I loved it! I was able to kiss the Blarney stone, after walking up over 100 of the smallest/steepest steps ever. I didn't feel bad being out of breath since everyone was! Even came home to find out that I'd lost 5 pounds! Holland was warm, very warm in fact. We never wore jackets, and since mine was big already I gave it to one of the cousins, along with some other clothes that we're getting big. We had a great time with family and loved every second of the trip. They had no idea I'd lost weight so it was a very nice surprise. At the train station they walked right past me, never noticing me ... that was the best moment of the trip! Old habits came back, they snack all the time, and I would snack on things I don't buy at home like chips and crackers, and drink tea while doing it ... so bad! I did stay away from the sweets though, well, bad sweets, the cousins we stayed with own an ice cream shop and they now make a delicious sugar free/non fat tropical flavored ice cream that I treated myself to, one European size scoop (less than 1/4 of our size scoops) every other day, and usually I wouldn't finish that, hubby would eat the last few bites. I always love traveling, but must admit, it sure is nice to be home! Jan
Amber B.
on 5/3/07 4:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Welcome back, Jan! It's wonderful to hear from you. I'm very envious of your trip and glad you had such a great experience. I hope to do it myself some day. Congrats on your loss, even, that's fantastic!!!! Hope you post some pictures so we can see the beautiful places you visited!!! Amber
Jandell
on 5/3/07 9:39 am - Glendora, CA
Thanks Amber! I'll try to get pictures up soon, I need to change my avatar, I got brave and had my hair cut off in Ireland, so it's even shorter now. I had gone in the weekend before we left and got it cut by my regular hairdresser, and everyday I cried as I fought to get it looking right, finally I said screw this and went to a hairdresser in Ireland. She did a great job and I have a cute little pixie cut. Looking forward to the Friday Five! Jan
Christina R.
on 5/4/07 4:34 am - Reston, VA
Jan- So glad to have you back! I'm like Amber and can't wait to see the pictures you post! Christina S
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 918 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views