Friday Five - Weekly Update!

Amber B.
on 5/3/07 11:17 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I can't believe its May already, this year is flying right on by! 1. What types of food did you eat this week? 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 4. What was your biggest challenge? 5. How is your supplement intake? Are you still taking what you are supposed to? Have you had to have anything added? *Fun bonus question: If you could have an exotic animal as a pet, what would you have???
Jandell
on 5/4/07 12:27 am - Glendora, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? chili, chicken tortilla soup, steak, salmon, fruit, natural plain yogurt, cheese, cheese and more cheese (that's what being in Holland does to you), ham slices, a banana daily, and now that I'm home I'm back to my Tea Misto for breakfast everyday. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walking, walking , walking 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 157 pounds gone forever 4. What was your biggest challenge? While with family in Holland it was to not snack, not to drink while eating and to be sure to get protein in first. 5. How is your supplement intake? Are you still taking what you are supposed to? Have you had to have anything added? I take my vitamins daily, not an issue, but I did have to add a B complex daily since I'm was missing all the good things from not eating starches. My pouch still gives me fits when I eat starches. I couldn't take the Bariatric Advantage Vitamins anymore so I switch to the kids gummy vitamins and have no problems. I'll get my blood work results Monday at my 9 month appt. *Fun bonus question: If you could have an exotic animal as a pet, what would you have??? A big cat - tiger, lion, or panther ... or maybe a chimp.
deltawoman10
on 5/5/07 6:09 am - Roanoke, VA
Just thought I would share, but did you check with your surgeon about the gummy vitamins? I was using them and when I mentioned it to my surgeon he told me that I was lucky that I didn't end up back in the hospital. He said they don't break down well in the pouch and have been known to clump together and clog up in the stomach (blocking your openings) and require people to have surgery. He said he has had to do surgery because of them........just thought you might want to know so you can ask your surgeon. Monique
Christina R.
on 5/4/07 4:31 am - Reston, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Burritos, Salads, Taco Supreme and Pintos & Cheese (quick lunch! yikes!), crackers w/cheese. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Some walking 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? Not sure...haven't weighed yet 4. What was your biggest challenge? I've been snacky and been giving into the carbs 5. How is your supplement intake? Are you still taking what you are supposed to? Have you had to have anything added? Vitamins all good...still struggle to remember my calcuim. Awhile back added Omega 3-6-9 for my good cholestrol...labs were great at my 9-month check up appt. *Fun bonus question: If you could have an exotic animal as a pet, what would you have??? An elephant...as long as I had someone to clean up after it!
Over_the-Rainbow
on 5/4/07 11:34 am - Hopkins, MN
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Home-made turkey-bacon cheeseburger (with no simple carbs); very small baked potato with 1/2 fat-free cottage cheese; very first grilled bratwurst (1/4 cup) (alone with only steamed asparagus; spring vegetable frittata; ham, cheese, fresh mushroom, shalot omelette; fresh crab/lobster devilled eggs; and discovered and LOVE edamame! 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Frequest lengthy rides on my boyfriend's Goldwing, with many stops and vigorous walks; speed-walking with two-lb weights; and always plenty of horizontal gymnastics between or atop the sheets! Am so blessed we're on the same wave-length (pun unintended) with mutual fitness and toning! 3. How much weight did you lose? 2 lbs Total loss? 99! 4. What was your biggest challenge? No challenges have arisen, other than just not enough hours in a day! 5. supplement intake/ still taking what you are supposed to/ any required additions? Excellent required supplement intake; liquid ferrous sulfate has amazingly boosted both my energy and iron levels, complemented with very lean beef. *Fun (?) bonus question: If you could have an exotic animal as a pet, what would you have??? Duh! Not at all interested in any pet other than my exotic mackerel tabby, Chloe and Ed's boyish orange tabby!
Amber B.
on 5/6/07 10:19 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? The usuals, but I've been eating a slice of pumpernickel bread (its a lot healthier than the other breads, I believe) with peanut butter. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? I get a good workout at Volleyball practice. I also played 1.5 hours of beach volleyball on Saturday, that will kick your butt! Had a blast. 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? I didn't lose this week, but I'm definitely losing in inches. Got in a size 14, woohoo!!! 99 total. 4. What was your biggest challenge? Avoiding the carbs. 5. How is your supplement intake? Are you still taking what you are supposed to? Have you had to have anything added? I take everything as directed except the calcium, that seems to be the hardest too remember. I just hope with all the cottage cheese, yogurt, and variety of cheeses I eat that it supplements my losses. I haven't had to add anything, but I am taking a biotin pill now, just in case. *Fun bonus question: If you could have an exotic animal as a pet, what would you have??? I would love to have a monkey. They are sooo cute, but I hear they are big poo flingers, hence the reason I won't buy one!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views